wheel speed sensor not fitting

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
tmill
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue S

hello everyone,

I had a strange situation arise and I need direction. I have heard of posts where the speed sensor won't go back into the slot, but normally it's a fraction of an inch or so due to build up. I took the old wheel speed sensor out, it came out easily in-tact and when I tried to put the new one in it only goes HALFWAY! So.....I thought maybe it's the wrong sensor so I tried to put the old one back in and it does the same thing! This was the passenger side front, I replace the driver side front with no problem. I stuck a screwdriver into the hole and it gets stopped too. Could it be something going on with the hub? The reason I was changing it is because I had multiple lights on ABS, AWD, anti skid etc. and the scanner said front right sensor 2 C1107. recommendation was change sensor. These lights came on before and it was the front LEFT sensor that time. Any direction or advice would be appreciated. 2009 Rogue S.

Rockhoundrob
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL

I bet the sensor has some slots and you have to line it up a bit.
If you look at the sensor, the lower part is thinner.
Try twisting gently back and forth while pushing.

If that does not work, then insert a drill bit and twist by hand only (or maybe with pliers), to remove the build up.

Return to “Rogue Forum”