Wheel offset with Tiens

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
180crafter
Car: Nissan 240sx

Alright. I attemped a search, but got nuffin. I've got my car on stock suspension right now, but I've got a set of Tiens (HA) in the house and a pocket full o' cash for some wheels. Basically, I know when you put the tiens on, it changes the geometry and the mounting points. I want my rims to sit clean with my arches, not to pop out or to be lost within the wells. What kinda offset do you guys recommend for this set up, to get my desired look/feel.

Lsnaple

id also like to know, but on stock wheels.oh yea, its a 92 se.

240_Keyy
Car: '90 240 Fastback

ok I have Konig Verdicts that are 17x7.5" with a +40 offset and there is no way they will clear my HE's (or so I have been told) so I went to the local rim place and picked up a set of slip on 5mm spacers and put them on. If you do the math that drops me down to a +35 offset and now I have about an inch of clearance between the stock strut and the rim/tire. I will let you know how this works out with the HE's as soon as I actually get them put on.

180crafter
Car: Nissan 240sx

Lsnaple Id also like to know, but on stock wheels.oh yea, its a 92 se.

Uhh.. I have no idea what this means? The stock wheels have a set offset.

This is for aftermarket rims. You can buy them in different offsets.

240_Keyy: Thanks for your input. I have heard so much regarding the offset, including that it will fit just fine to ten inch wide will fit just fine. This is all bullish from people who have never put wheels on, so Im looking for something more concrete. Let me know how your 35mm offsett works.

240_Keyy
Car: '90 240 Fastback

180crafter: Hit me up on AIM or Y!, AIM is keylempa, Y! is kweedo169. Yeah I have had to wade through a bit of poop to find out stuff also, so I know how you feel. Man if you really want to wade through some crap, try spending over a year and $4000 trying to make a cavalier fast in the twisties like I did :D

Lsnaple

nevermind, i figured it out.the stock wheels have 40mm offset, so yea, they wont fit. can i use spacers on them? maybe it will be better if i just go ahead and buy rims first, but with an offset that will allow me to get the teins when i have the cash to.

the thing is, is that i have enough money now to get what i want suspension wise, and it will be a while before i get this money again.i wanted to do suspension before wheels.

well $hit, ive confused myself now.

Lsnaple

wait, now i got it. what offset is the minimum that will still allow for Tein coilovers? does the inside of the wheel matter too?

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

this was discussed in depth recently, heres my highlights:

for a 7.5" rim, get BELOW a 35mm offset, I have a 30mm, and it puts the inner edge of the wheel right where it would have been stock, IE fine for coilovers/big brakes.

the wider the rim, the less offset you have to run, a 8" rim should have...lemme see about a 25mm or so offset to clear coilovers on the front.

use the wheel offset calc guys. its there for a reason.

also, search. seriously I just went throught this like 3 days ago.-chetalso, the stock wheels should fit with coilovers just fine. they dont make a coilover and go "well, they have to buy rims to use them" your stock wheels should be 15x6 or 15x6.5", its in the FAQ. you run into offset problems when going to a wider/larger wheels.

Lsnaple

oh yea, my bad. i just looked at thread yesterday or sometime but forgot about it.ill pay more attention before i post next time.thanks though.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”