2018 Rogue steering Wheel jerks when turning/stalls/instrument panel attack

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Fenrisw01f
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue S

So this is weird. I was turning right and the car kind of jerked and revved, then about a mile later I made a left u turn and it jerked again, kind felt like it was stalling, and both of the warning lights on the sides came on. The ones that flash when you have a car in your blind spots.

After leaving the car would constantly disable cruise control, then as I was turning into a parking lot and repeated the U-turn issue. Steering locked, stalled out. ran codes, nothing except my fuel level relay. (Been lit for months)

Getting onto the freeway, turning left, it’s like it tries to jerk the wheel straight, the power steering light comes on, but then instantly vanished. Followed by while driving down the freeway a mile later the ABS/emergency brake, all 3 traction control, and the TPMS light all came on for 2 seconds, my rpm’s shot up to 6k, then everything returned to normal.

It’s like as long as I’m going straight there’s no issue. Battery tester came back as pass on battery and alternator. ECM maybe???

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

That smells very much like a bad battery cable or connection that's losing contact when you turn.

Dbarry
Car: Nissan 240SX

I would be worried to drive that on a highway. Check the battery connection as suggested. Sounds like something is shorting when you turn and causing the ECM to react. Have a good reader to check for any codes.

Return to “Rogue Forum”