Wheel finish.

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
sx moneypit
Car: 2010 370Z
1986 Toyota MR2

I curbed a couple of my wheels (base model 18s).Anyone know if they are powder coated or painted? Seems from what i read there are conflicting opinions. :confused:

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Ugh, sucks to hear Ben. In any case, they're painted. I've never seen a paint that's an exact match, but that wouldn't matter to me since I'd paint the whole wheel anyway. You can always go the temp route and PlastiDip them, that's my plan on my winter wheels (OEM Touring Version Two/35th Anniversary style) since they're a little dinged up. Not sure what route I'm going to go with my summer wheels (OEM Track Version 1 style). The summers have some minor wear and scratches in the lug wells. I'll most likely go paint or PLastiDip since I want the wheels to match the door handles and the handles are plastic - no chance to powdercoat them.

If you decide to get some repair work done and powdercoat your wheels be particular about who does them and how hot they bake them, aluminium loses strength when you heat it past 200 degrees centigrade. You should be able to find someone that can do low-temp powder coating without too much hassle.

sx moneypit
1986 Toyota MR2

Thanks for the quick reply Alex.I am pretty pissed about this whole deal.Got a new set of Bridgestone S04s i need to get mounted and this going to cost me $90.00 a wheel to fix and tie a rack up at work for at least a day. :mad:

BusyBadger
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Great tire, especially when you factor in price! Amazing in the wet. It's what I'm running for the next few week until I switch over to all seasons for fall & winter.

sx moneypit
1986 Toyota MR2

Ended up dressing the wheels myself.So far i love the S04s!

BusyBadger
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

sx moneypit wrote:Ended up dressing the wheels myself.So far i love the S04s!
How'd that go?
sx moneypit wrote:So far i love the S04s!
They really are a very good tire. I feel they get overlooked because of the monster grip that Bridgestone's top of the line RE11 has. For the price and treadwear rating I feel that the S04 is the better tire for someone that daily drives their Z and/or piles up a lot of miles.

Sadly, I took mine off last weekend and mounted up another tire that's no slouch, but for a good reason. Saw this on my way to WalMart to pick up some OTC cold meds this morning...

...winter storm watch for the Blue Ridges in my area through November first. Ugh, all this and it's not even Halloween yet. At least I'm not making that 65 mile commute (each way) across the mountains anymore. Going to be a little weird not having to check the forecast like I'm Ike looking for good landing conditions at Normandy.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

I ran S04s on my last 370. Loved them. I'm on the factory RE050s right now and they're almost shot after 14k of simple daily driving - I'm almost looking forward to replacing them with some new S04s again, although since the Z has become more of a DD lately, I may try some Hankooks.

That being said, if I grab a set of NISMO wheels for track duty, I will be trying out some RE11s on those. I have heard nothing but amazing things about those tires.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”