Wheel bearing aggervation.

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
jtbenfie
Car: 1983 Nissan 720 King Cab 4x4. NAPSZ 2.0 5spd

So after finally tracking down the source of the ungodly howl coming from my truck at highway speed, I tried locating some front wheel bearings to correct the problem. Only problem is there are about 30 different combinations and im not sure of which ones i should get.

I have a 83 Datsun 720 4x4. It has the earlier style front suspension and brakes. I took the drivers side apart and it appears to have the same bearing and race for the inner and outer bearing. All the websites(advance, autozone, rockauto) are listing a different inner and outer race and bearing. can anyone give me some part numbers of what I should have? Are the inner and outer bearings in fact the same?

Also, anyone know where i can pickup the front axle shaft/spindle bearing? figured i would go ahead and replace those too.

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

i'll take a look at my manual and see what it says... but i'm pretty sure no part numbers will be listed

i'll let ya know

jtbenfie

thanks. if nothing else, i just need to figure out if the inner and outer bearing are different...all the listing say they are(have different part numbers) but my truck has the same bearing and race part number inner and outer.

And....after a test drive with my newly swapped c200 rear. i found out the driveshaft looks more like and obtuse angle....so i have to track down one of those too.....bah

jtbenfie

oh and rock auto carriers the front axle bearings...i just overlooked them.

Return to “Datsun 720”