Wheel and tire fitment question; 94 Q45t

NICO's V.I.P. styling forum.
the_momo
Car: 1997 VW Golf K2 (His)/ 2001 Black Lexus IS300 (Hers)

I'm looking at wheels and tires as of now and curious about some fitment.

http://www.tenzoracingsports.c...heels the type one in 18x8 +25 with 225/45/18 tires, or 245/40/18, which will be close to the same overall height, with the 225's being slightly shorter.

Im not really looking for opinions on the wheels specifically, moreso just input as to the fitment, as well as the tires.If my sizing is not good in any area, as in they wont fit, please say so, and point me in the right direction. Ive done a fair bit of sizing of wheels and searching (mostly to find to "make the wheels fit", ill save myself the work), but if there is anyone who can say whether or not Im good, Id greatly appreciate any input.

My q as of now is stock suspension, non active. It will eventually be lowered a marginal amount (~1-1.5 inches, nothing drastic) and I would prefer to not modify the fenders at all if possible.

Input? Thanks in advance.

the_momo

I posted this here because I figured I'd get some legitmate information here as opposed to the keep your car stock garbage from the q45 forum. So thanks for keeping an open mind.

Murdered_T
Car: 1979 280zx byach!

Those look ok if it were going on a tuner. The VIP style is more like thishttp://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/341798

the_momo

edited cause I'm a jerk and no one needs to see unnecessary anger.
Modified by the_momo at 10:05 PM 8/19/2008

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Check HERE for the fitment info. You should be more than clear on your choice of wheel.

Check HERE for some Espelir Springs.

BLACKonBLACK98
Car: Q45, LS400, STS-V

1) come into a vip forum2) post something completely unrelated4) get mad when someone calls you out on it

great plan! maybe you should learn how to use a ruler and stop complaining about other peoples usefullness.

now, yes they will fit. 245 is to wide for 8" wheels. i've seen these in 19x10 +22 on a slammed maxima. your sizes, offsets, tire size, will fit.

helpful enough for ya?

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

No need for all of that.

He came in here to ask a simple question so he would not be bombarded like usual in the Q45 forum. You guys know how they treat anyone with any aftermarket question/option. We are above that because we are highly about the appearance. Who cares who likes what? Let's help who we can, when we can, the best we can. Thanks and happy posting.

***EDIT***

Just to clarify, the Q45 guys are very knowledgeable, just a little strict when it comes to mods.

BLACKonBLACK98
Car: Q45, LS400, STS-V

i personally feel that if you are not open to opinions you shouldn't be asking questions, disclaimer or not. these kind of threads always rub me the wrong way. "tell me what i want to know and nothing else".

coming into the vip forum and asking about fitment while expressing a lack of interest in vip in general doesn't help much either. i see the word "fitment" followed by "will this fit" and "stock hieght" and i have to wonder what the actual question is. are you wondering if they will fit on the car or are you wondering about fitment? they're not the same thing. should have spent more time asking the question and less time telling me what answer you don't want.

i really don't see anything vip about this section. all i see is spill over from the other sections come over here cause "everybodies mean so heres my question/car/whatever. tell me what i wanna know/hear but don't tell me about whats vip or not".

the_momo

this was a pointless post, and again no need for it to be there.

that period was the only useful thing posted so I left it.

Modified by the_momo at 10:07 PM 8/19/2008

the_momo

jltibbs wrote:Check HERE for the fitment info. You should be more than clear on your choice of wheel.

Check HERE for some Espelir Springs.
thanks! i always appreciate your good natured position, and informative posts.

Murdered_T

the_momo wrote:I really feel that you are taking my post the wrong way. Ill not post any specific info regarding my decisions any more.

I only said that I wasnt interested in opinions on wheels because its irrelevant information, and disclaimer or not, I'm going to get the opinion posts, I simply wanted to stop as many as possible to keep the useless posts to a minimum. Welcome to the internet, I guess thats my fault for expecting people to read.

As far as posting in the vip forum, people here have a lot of experience fitting wheels and tires of all sizes on q45's, being one of the more popular platforms for vip tuning.

I do have interest in VIP cars, thats why I own a q45. i drive almost 100 miles round trip a day, so super wide cambered out wheels isnt the best or most economical decision for me. I still like them, just not for my personal rig.

Please be more informed before you bash. Everything I've posted is relevant to the area in which its posted. And im pretty sure that my TITLE states that I am inquiring about fitment. I know that they will fit. I question the actual overall fitment because a friend of mine who fits wheels and tires on vehicles for a living (manager for discount tire) raised a concern on overall height and clearance at full lock. Id like them to not rub, and I dont want to roll my fenders.

So, please take time to read and fully understand what is actually being presented, then respond accordingly, or keep your opinions to yourself; I still dont want them.

245 is fine for a 8 inch rim, and thanks for the info. This thread can be deleted, no need to waste bandwidth on pointless argumentative garbage.
In the thread I linked, there are discussions of fitment. Like YOU said. Please read on the internet.

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

the_momo wrote:thanks! i always appreciate your good natured position, and informative posts.
No problem. You need to get some pics up bro. Especially when you get the new wheels on.
GOnissanTOM wrote:In the thread I linked, there are discussions of fitment. Like YOU said. Please read on the internet.
While this is true, it was also many pages of pics and arguments.

the_momo

I just wanna say that I am sorry for being a jerk. Really, it was totally uncalled for, and I am sorry for that; I do appreciate the input, I think Im just displacing some anger that Ill spare everyone the details of. This place is my go to happy place, and I brought drama. Not cool. It wont happen again.

As for pics, Ill def post some up when I get something to post, its pretty much still stock as of now.... just a silver 94 t.

I do have a stupid plan to remedy a small part of rust in front of the rear wheel well, which will include a potential two tone scheme.

(black kick panels, and lower trim area, as well as the mudflaps; i saw a white/tan q with this scheme. silver and black with all black wheels look good in my head, lowered. maybe Im crazy)

we'll see.

sorry again.

Murdered_T

Its all good, no hard feelings man.

Qproject

don't go with tenzo's, and 19" would be better.

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

All in the eyes of the beholder.

the_momo

Qproject wrote:don't go with tenzo's, and 19" would be better.
i live in michigan, i need a little sidewall if i want my wheels to last more than a week....

it really is that bad in some places.

might go with old school look. idk. i have a while to think about it.

owinbush
Car: 1998 Inifinit Q45
2009 Nissan Cube

While I'm not advocating going with the Tenzo's, I want to use this opportunity to dispell what I think may be some misunderstanding about VIP and VIP Style generally speaking.

Brands do matter....but fitment may matter more. As long as you're not contributing to the wholesale copying of some of the more popular and costly brands then I personally think that it may not matter what wheels you rock as long as they fit properly, and they are VIP in style. Now before people start getting upset at me (and get their blowtorches out to flame me) take a look at some of the pics from this years "traditional" VIP meets. Painted wheels = the new trend? I don't know. but some of this stuff is definitely hot. Granted I'm sure all of the wheels shown in the link are name brand High end JDM stuff, but I think the rules may be shifting on us as far as what VIP wheels need to look like.

Modified by owinbush at 6:13 AM 8/26/2008

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

owinbush wrote:
Those are simply amazing.

the_momo

I really can't advocate the use of chrome wheels....lol. :D

I have always thought that really, only black and really dark painted cars look good with silver/chrome wheels.

Then again, I like the murdered out look, which to me looks classy and aggressive, which from what Ive read and understand, is kind of what VIP is trying to achieve.

I still cant justify buying something needing super thin tires. As much as Im sure most would dislike it, I think the q looks good with smaller but wide rims, like a 16x9 with a decent offset for an oldschool look.

IDK, but the green car looks SICK

Return to “VIP Forum”