Wheel Alignment

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

So I've got my old 2009 Rogue. Had some suspension work done and have never had an alignment.

Got the alignment and it took him like 10 minutes. Apparently the only thing you can adjust on the Rogue is Toe!? WTF is that about?

No Camber, Caster, or Thrust Angle or anything in the rear.

This just seems really odd to me. Is this how they leave the factory then? Attached are my alignment pictures, before and after.

The steering is absolutely better, but why can't everything be put into the green?

Before

After

EdBwoy

I believe the limit on rear adjustability is mainly due to the suspension design. A 350z with a multilink rear suspension allows greater rear camber and toe adjustment through a cam bolt. They also have aftermarket camber arms for more adjustability.

That being said, I don't think there should be that much red. At least not both before AND after... front AND rear.

I am not well versed in the Rogue, but this is what I usually do. I get my alignments exclusively at Firestone for their lifetime alignment deals. First off, I start with getting the correct specs for the vehicle. Then I get the service and corresponding printouts like you did. I do it every 6 months or as often as my heart desires.

I am no professional, but looking at the suspension layout, CLICKY, it sure feels like they could have done more and maybe it should have taken longer than 10 minutes.
Maybe they could give you their printout of the proper specs.
They rarely announce it, but most alignments I've had have come with a 3-month/90-day warranty and should guarantee a proper alignment and a redo if the alignment doesn't satisfy you or the required measurements.

I think it's worth at least asking for the factory printout from that shop... Or a different shop if you ask nicely and they're willing.

darylzero

Yeah I didn't know there would be a factory printout.

I will have to look into that. Thanks.

darylzero

I found the Front and Rear Suspension factory values in the FSM. These are for the 2008 since the 2009 year are corrupted. Should be the same.

Here is their disclaimer.

FRONT

REAR

darylzero

So according to the Nissan disclaimer that Caster cannot be adjusted it means that one of my right front suspension parts is wearing out.
I just had both front control arms replaced.
What other suspension part(s) could cause this?

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Yeah honestly that doesn't look that bad. Caster being slightly out isn't a huge deal at all. Rear camber is a bit on the high side, so you'll probably see some increased tire wear.
Did you have anything in your trunk and/or a full tank of gas at the time of inspection? It would be interesting to see with empty everything (maybe even spare tire removed) and a half tank of gas.

darylzero

Yeah lots of stuff in the trunk. gas was probably 3/4 tank.
Good to know about the caster.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

OK, rear camber could very well come back in spec once all the weight is out of the back and the suspension unloads/articulates back to normal ride height.

Return to “General Chat”