Whats the dte on a full tank?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
XbRogue

I filled up my car 3 times and each time I get a dte of 275 miles… Nissan claims it gets 400 miles on a full tank.. When I took delivery I did read 400 dte.. So why am I getting half of it now a days? Is there a problem with the sensor or something else?

MagicM
Car: 2007 Black/alu trim /black interior M35x 2005 Range Rover HSE 2000 Range Rover p38 4.0SE

1. Computer sensor is not 100% accurate2. Just because Nissan claims it does 400 miles doesn't mean you can do 400 miles. Those 400 miles are probably under perfect situations at perfect tempatures, under perfect altitude , and highway driving.3. if those 275 miles you're getting on city driving you just answered your own question.

XbRogue

If it was city then, its fine... But I took it out on the highway and this what i'm getting...

Lightforce18
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue Black on Black. SL AWD. Leather. Moonroof. Premium.

when i Fill my tank up. It says 330.

boooey

the last time i filled my tank up, it said 417 miles

MagicM
Car: 2007 Black/alu trim /black interior M35x 2005 Range Rover HSE 2000 Range Rover p38 4.0SE

Just calculate how much fuel your using manually Vs how far you went. That Computer is soo inaccurate, it might say 300miles for example but if you floor it and only go 1 mile it might end up saying 285, even though you only did 1 mile.

bdsakx
Car: 2010 Altima Coupe, 2.5S Crimson Black

It's not quite accurate. After a fill up I get around 335-345 DTE. The tank before last, I measured how far I went as opposed to how far I had to go. I ended up somewhere at like 370. I probably could've done 10-15 more miles, but the "ooooo" symbols made me nervous and went to refill. I strictly use Shell, by the way.

PCY

This dte is the distance calculated for that instant based on your (at the time) throttle percentage, fuel injector flow volume/cycle, and gas level marker, and ECU performance output summary. Your current driving habit/situation affects what that reading is going to show. That's what I read and learned from my 02 Maxima.

CtNxFLeX
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I use to get the samething as you when I first got my car at 18 miles brand new. I had an average of 250-275 show up. But after my second and third fill ups, it would gradually show 300+ while I drive.

Now I get around 375. I guess it's different for everyone and it's not totally accurate until you start driving it so the computer sensors can tell how you drive your car and the total amount of gas that is in your tank.

PCY

CtNxFLeX wrote:I use to get the samething as you when I first got my car at 18 miles brand new. I had an average of 250-275 show up. But after my second and third fill ups, it would gradually show 300+ while I drive.

Now I get around 375. I guess it's different for everyone and it's not totally accurate until you start driving it so the computer sensors can tell how you drive your car and the total amount of gas that is in your tank.
You are right on the money here. The dte reading will change according to your driving condition at your spontaneous moment. The computer assumes a snapshot of the instantaneous driving parameters and calculate dte against the fuel level left over.

So for example, fill up full tank, crank the car, step on that gas pedal and haul ***, look at the dte reading, you may get less than 300 on that reading. Once you lighten the gas pedal and cruise for a while, it'll slowly but gradually increase: 302 --> 305 --> 311 --> 330 or something like that. All this can be seen within 2 minutes of light foot cruising with this example. But you know that gas is being consumed as you're driving. So no matter how light-footed you are, it'll steadily graduate at a final number, 389 per se. Then 387 --> 385 --> 384 and slowly minute by minute till you reach about 35 dte, it'll start blinking at you to go and get some more gas. One thing to note is that once you're reaching the blinking state at low fuels, the dte calculation will be very sensitive to your driving habits because the amount of gas left is very low and the result of the computation is almost solely dependent on how much gasoline you've got left.

This is a 2008 model vehicle, nothing to worry about, yet. But normally after a car passed 3 years of age, it's not recommended to drive the car at low fuel tank states because deposits and goo may be present in the gas tank and/or fuel lines.

Hope I'm helping out. Happy Rogue-ing, everyone.

-Peter-

CtNxFLeX

ditto... what PCY said

92hatchattack
Car: 2008 Indigo Blue Nissan Rogue

While we are on the gas topic, at one point does your guys dte change from flashing numbers to -------

I just finished my first tank of gas today, and i was generaly disapointed that my computer went from 36 dte straight to --------...... I was kinda under the impression that it would count down to at least 10 remaining miles. Is everyone elses Rogue like this??

jsellberg
Car: '08 rogue iridium graphite sl awd premium

i get about 380 dte after i fill up and my city/hwy is about equal

PCY

By the time you reach ------ at dte, you're at critical state of getting that tank filled up. I remember seeing somewhere in the manual saying that there's still about 1.5 gallons left in the tank when that happens, that translates you to have about 30-40 miles left to play with.

I know from my 02 Maxima that once dte lit up and shown 35 miles left, I was able to cruise about 80 more interstate miles to finally reach a gas station. That was a dangerous push of luck, though. I'd never do that again.

Rogue is a 2008 model, I would assume that Nissan would make it a little more precise on this dte stuff. So, I wouldn't even try to risk it.

-Peter-

CtNxFLeX

PCY wrote:By the time you reach ------ at dte, you're at critical state of getting that tank filled up. I remember seeing somewhere in the manual saying that there's still about 1.5 gallons left in the tank when that happens, that translates you to have about 30-40 miles left to play with.

Rogue is a 2008 model, I would assume that Nissan would make it a little more precise on this dte stuff. So, I wouldn't even try to risk it.

-Peter-
haha, quick story. I was driving my car and wanted to see how much miles I can go before a fill up. Before I saw ------ blinking, i remembered seeing I had about35 -40 miles. So I assumed I had another 40 miles left including a reserved tank of another gallon or two. Boy was I wrong. I didn't want to push my luck because I noticed the car gas pedal started feeling light with less power in the engine, so I filled it up. I filled up my gas tank that evening with 15.8xx gallons. Rogue Tanks are only 15.9 Gallons!

Close call =D Learn from me, once you see the flashing -----, just fill it up, haha.

92hatchattack
Car: 2008 Indigo Blue Nissan Rogue

^^^ I hear ya. I filled up with 15.44 this morning. I was pretty suprised. Once that gas light goes on you really have very little mileage at all before you need to fill up. Im thinking Nissan should have set it to go off a little sooner.

jfowl75

After last fill 432

Return to “Rogue Forum”