Whats best to clean info screen with?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
TXSJaybird

I searched before starting a new thread....couldnt find anything...

I tried using light water with a microfiber mini towel (the kind I clean my glasses with) and its not doing the trick. There is still a lot of smearing and smudging on there.

What should I use? Any tips would be appreciated!!

Jay

Fenvy
Car: 2005 350Z Base 6MT

try acid, it works wonders

okay no really, if it's a lcd, use windex and a shop paper tower to do the trick. You can also buy those LCD protection film and cut out to fit your display

TXSJaybird

I was wondering about Windex of course....

I know its the obvious choice...but something is making me hesitate.....?

90Q45blue
Car: 2006 Honda Accord EX-L

Go out and buy some LCD monitor cleaner or laptop monitor cleaner. That will work just fine and won't leave streaks. I think windex will.

Nick

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Windex will definitely leave streaks - I have experience with that ... .

Monitor screen cleaner from a computer store seems to work well. The screen on my 2003 M45 is a bit "staticky", and it does seem to pick up dust. I use a lint-free cloth to occasionally clean that ...

On a related thought, I have been wanting to find a good glass cleaner for cars - what do people use for that? Windex does not do a good enough job - sunlight on the car emphasizes white streaks that I just do not seem to be able to remove.

Z

Fenvy
Car: 2005 350Z Base 6MT

I work for notebook company, that's what we use

but sure, lcd monitor cleaner might be better but is probbaly more expensive and harder to find

szh

Loveless wrote:I work for notebook company, that's what we use

but sure, lcd monitor cleaner might be better but is probbaly more expensive and harder to find
Regular screen cleaner from local computer stores are more expensive than Windex for sure! But, they don't leave streaks ... for some reason, Windex seems to leave streaks on my LCD and CRT screens. I don't know why ...

Moe important, one of my CRT monitors, a 21" very-expensive Sony CRT, has an optical surface coating, which I believe that Windex might damage - so I use a optical coating cleaner (from OCLI Labs) to clean just that one monitor.

Z

Jesda

Endust!

szh

Jesda wrote:Endust!
On car glass? Does it work well? I thought it was only for wooden (varnished) surfaces!

Z

TXSJaybird

Jesda wrote:Endust!

YA! Ill try that right after I use some Crisco....

So, this monitor cleaner....does Best buy sell this?

gniknave
Car: 2000 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
2008 Honda Civic EX (Sedan)

On the showrrom floor, our guy uses Windex and a detailing rag. The trick is to just lightly spray the rag and not the screen with the Windex. Then fold it over to let the windex settle. Wipe lightly to dampen the screen and then use a dry side to dry it. No streaks and no dust -- guaranteed

szh

TXSJaybird wrote:So, this monitor cleaner....does Best buy sell this?
I buy it from Fry's Electronics here in California ... Best Buy probably has them too - I have bought printer ink cartridges from them, so they sell computer stuff.

Another place to try is CompUSA - there are plenty of those in Texas too, I think!

Z

szh

Ev_eezy wrote:On the showrrom floor, our guy uses Windex and a detailing rag. The trick is to just lightly spray the rag and not the screen with the Windex. Then fold it over to let the windex settle. Wipe lightly to dampen the screen and then use a dry side to dry it. No streaks and no dust -- guaranteed
Interesting. I guess maybe I use too much ... what does this detailing guy do for the car glass? Windex also? That is what I did the day we had that meet in Pleasanton and if you look at those pictures you took, you can see the streaks!

Z

gniknave
Car: 2000 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
2008 Honda Civic EX (Sedan)

szhosain wrote:
Interesting. I guess maybe I use too much ... what does this detailing guy do for the car glass? Windex also? That is what I did the day we had that meet in Pleasanton and if you look at those pictures you took, you can see the streaks!

Z
The VK hides the streaks quite well He also uses Windex for the car glass. The thing is, the outcome of windex all depends on what you use to wipe it.

The way I do my side windows is by washing them with regular water first. Then, without drying them I spray on the windex and squeegie it off right away. Then I spray a light coat of windex on and wipe it down with a paper towel. Usually this will get it streak free. Usually if you do it fast enough you can wipe out the streaks before they dry completely. Another key is to not do it in direct sunlight.

For the front and rear windows, it's squeegie only. No wiping whatsoever. I just squeegie from one side of the window to the other starting from the top and working my way to the bottom.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”