What would you value my 07 6MT?

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
sparrow540

Please help me determine the value of this car in your eyes.
I took my car in to install new brakes and rotor and consequently rear calipers.
The shop owner had a mishap and dropped a garage door on the car.
He dropped it off at a body shop to repair damages.
The body shop was returning the vehicle and got into an accident.
The driver has a suspended license and has no business insurance.
The damages are estimated near 20k to repair.
What is the value before the damage?
07 G35 6MT sport tuned suspenison, 75k miles, new brakes and rotors, new windshield, nearly new summer tires, very good winter tires, 7 year old? cold air intake Nismo Z tube, 3 year old clutch and flywheel, 1 year old Kinetix racing HFCs, 1 year old MotorDyne shockwave tdx2, no prior reported accidents, no smoking, clean interior, no prior damage to exterior

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

Before the damages the car was valued around $7500 according to kelley blue book www.kbb.com

tjrob2000
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35 Journey sedan

They need to find another car of the same year and mileage (or less), swap all the aftermarket parts from your car to the "new" one, and give it to you. If it needs a new paint job to match what you had then they should do that as well. Doubtful they will do this, but that's what they should do. Unfortunately you won't get more than the $7500 KBB says your car is worth.

I have to wonder though, how do you drop a garage door on a car?

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

sparrow540 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:31 am
Please help me determine the value of this car in your eyes.
I took my car in to install new brakes and rotor and consequently rear calipers.
The shop owner had a mishap and dropped a garage door on the car.
He dropped it off at a body shop to repair damages.
The body shop was returning the vehicle and got into an accident.
The driver has a suspended license and has no business insurance.
The damages are estimated near 20k to repair.
What is the value before the damage?
07 G35 6MT sport tuned suspenison, 75k miles, new brakes and rotors, new windshield, nearly new summer tires, very good winter tires, 7 year old? cold air intake Nismo Z tube, 3 year old clutch and flywheel, 1 year old Kinetix racing HFCs, 1 year old MotorDyne shockwave tdx2, no prior reported accidents, no smoking, clean interior, no prior damage to exterior
Have you spoken to your insurance company?
Have you filed a police report?
Have you started shopping for another vehicle?
The value of your vehicle in the eyes of your insurance company is not much.

Telcoman

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”