What would you recommend for G35 brake pads?

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
BanamexDF
Car: 2001 Volkswagen Jetta

Hey guys, my dad has a 2003 G35 and is going to need brake pads soon. We'd like to know what are some good brake pads for the G35's other than OEM that'll last pretty long. I'm guessing the OEM brake pads are carbon because of the short life and the amount of brake pads. Any help would be great, TIA.

bigpei
Car: 2006 g35 coupe AEM CAI, Skunk2 Plenum Spacer, Evo2 TT 3" TI Exhaust /w Test Pipes, Nismo Headers

The OEM Pads are Pretty good it is partial carbon and cerametallic. i Switched to Hawk HPS Pads they grab excellent but they squeal like a pig . so i went ahead and switched back to new OEM's and they work just as good. if you want to sacrifice some noise for a bit better performance on braking then go with Hawk HPS. Hope this helped you a bit Enjoy

pae9132
Car: Modified 03 V35

I had my front and my rear pads changed on my 03 at different times and both times I was told I should use Akebono pads. The pads I got are full ceramic and require no breaking in. They are great for the street. I have never used them on a track though.

BanamexDF

Thanks for the replies guys. It's for my dad's car and he was just looking for something that will last longer, he's not really looking for anything performance wise. He had his front ones changed and now the rears are due.

dmkozak

BanamexDF wrote:Thanks for the replies guys. It's for my dad's car and he was just looking for something that will last longer, he's not really looking for anything performance wise. He had his front ones changed and now the rears are due.
With this last piece of information, my advice would be to use the same compound on the rear that he is using on the front. Otherwise, he runs the risk, although slight, of changing his front-rear balance. I would guess he does not want his rears to grab more than his fronts or vice versa. Especially for street driven cars, it is always a good idea to keep everything in balance.

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

Project MU NS pads!

BanamexDF

dmkozak wrote:
With this last piece of information, my advice would be to use the same compound on the rear that he is using on the front. Otherwise, he runs the risk, although slight, of changing his front-rear balance. I would guess he does not want his rears to grab more than his fronts or vice versa. Especially for street driven cars, it is always a good idea to keep everything in balance.
Yeah, he'd be changing all four rather than just the rear.

Any links to sites along with the recommendations would be great too.

Pics for clicks, mine's the black piece:

tralls
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan

I've changed the pads on my G twice now. This last time I went ahead with Ceramics on the rear. The front still have a little bit left from the first time but in order to change them I really need new rotors so I am ordering those and putting ceramic pads on the front also. You will pay a little more but you don't get the brake dust and I think they will last longer or at least I hope

PsYchOG35
Car: G35 Coupe

Hawk HPS FTW!!!!!

59Vampire

hey
bigpei wrote:The OEM Pads are Pretty good it is partial carbon and cerametallic. i Switched to Hawk HPS Pads they grab excellent but they squeal like a pig . so i went ahead and switched back to new OEM's and they work just as good. if you want to sacrifice some noise for a bit better performance on braking then go with Hawk HPS. Hope this helped you a bit Enjoy
bud. im getting a 05 g35 coupe. i live on long island. who does your mod work?

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”