What was your first drift like?

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
marshun

sliding silvia. youre full of ****. hahhaa. it just sounds fake as hell

my first drift was in my dads old camaro. i learned how to do donuts. then i tried it while going around a turn. clutch kick style. of course i spun out a couple of times. but i figured it out. and this was like 4 or some years ago

sanioll
Car: 240SX SE - Toyota Camry

:bshake *** out, heh! yeah i remember.

well i started out with a little *** out in rainy day.

imagine having a perfect intersection, where you have to drive to college 3 times a week. :rockon

lost count on how many times I've hit curbs on snow. lol

oh yeah, my whole rear end was messed up too 2 years ago, while i took small intersection left turn at 55mph, flew back and forth, breaking rock of both curbs, my alloy, both axles, whole back frame, (except differential) was bent. got it replaced for under $900.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------wish suspension was a bit more stiffer for high speed drift.:rolleyes

StrangeLove
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx

marshun wrote:sliding silvia. youre full of ****. hahhaa. it just sounds fake as hell

my first drift was in my dads old camaro. i learned how to do donuts. then i tried it while going around a turn. clutch kick style. of course i spun out a couple of times. but i figured it out. and this was like 4 or some years ago

MARSHAN YOUR FULL OF ****

90s13ka24e

my first drift was intentional. day after i got my 1990 fastback and i thought hey y not try my first drift. well it was far from a real drift. i was taken a short cut to get to my house cuz i was runnin late (damn curfue) and i just threw 2nd dumped it and chucked the wheel out the window (right hander). i started to slide then freaked cuz i thought i was about to hit an island in the road and i let off the gas a lil and i caught traction and ended up facin a ditch well i went down into the ditch and came out.lucky i wasnt goin to fast or i would have completly lost it and it the hill and prolly messed everything up. it scared the living crap outta me but it gave me a rush from hell. tonite on the way home i hit a big parkin lot and did pretty good. it was just a hit and run. im startin to love this stuff.

twong85
Car: nothing

First we took some food trays from jack n the box....then we put them under the civic's rear tires with the handbrake up....o wait this thread is about drifting D:

SturgeonGeneral

my 1st few real drifts were such a rush. was raining, found the most perfect corner for some decent speed. 2nd gear, about 40mph...did a feint, through it back the other way, back end came out....when around the whole corner so smoothley, came out really good. Did this over and over again, started to really get the hang of it. Then i said "one more time" (never say that to yourself when practicing) and hit a curb at about 30 mph, understeered really bad, lost conrtol and slid in to a curb. End result was a bent crontol arm, and bent tension rod. But i got spl parts now:D

sci0n

Allright, this is kind of a cheesy one, and it's actually more of a power slide. My first car was a 96 grand am, 4 cyl. Nothing spectacular, but it was quick. Anywho, I turn into my neighborhood because I have to drop my friend off before I go to work, and I'm already late for work. So When you turn in, theres this like straightaway and then an immediate turn, its almost like a weak S turn... It looked like:

| | ) ) ( ( | |

But WAY curvier, sorry my ascii skills SUCK. Anywho, I was doing like 40 and I started to hit the brakes, but then I was like **** it, and just steered right... In my front wheel drive car, my back end slide out, and at the part where it switches from curving right to left, I recovered it, turned the car back 180 degrees, and came out pefectly to when it was going straight again. I swear to god it was the best experiance I had ever had. I literally had the biggest smile on my face for the next like 3 weeks. My friend was so pissed because he took his seatbelt off to get ready to get out of the car, and then I hit the drift / powerslide or whatever you wanna call it. But yea, it was orgasmic.

NissanS14guy

My first drift was in my friends 1989 240 hatchWe all went out drifting been doing so for awhile in a empty warehouse area. We had a bunch of RWD cars out there drifting one at a time, then me with the FWD Turbo SI, so i just watched and rode with people until my friend gave me the keys to the 03 Cobra, had a good time got it pretty good....Then my friend hooked me up with the kesy to his S13 did that had a blast. So much fun that I am selling my car now and turning my focus from drag----->drift/show I have been out every weekend for about 2 months now drifting and practicing...hope to have a S14 within the next few weeks.

drftnassmofo
Car: 84 s12 ca18et-TRADED
85 s12 ca18et-SOLD
92 fastback-SOLD
91 fastback-SOLD
90 coupe KADE swap-SOLD
06 Infiniti M45

my first drift was actually in a 90f150 rwd...i kno iknow..but i wanted an s13 b i even got tha 240,..no dinero..but in my 240, i got all these mountan roads to drift..they're bout 40mi outa nashville..fun shyt

IvoryJ30t
Car: 95 Maxima GLE, 95 Maxima GXE

my first "drift" was in my 88 MR2sc

i was going around a 20 mph on-ramp at 70 mph, the turn reduced radius at the end causing me to drift into a jeep cherokee going 60 mph.

the jeep smacked the front driver side of my MR2, spun me around 180 degrees.

[when i saw that i was sliding into the right lane, i countersteered. that caused the car to pendulum back and swing the front into the right lane where it got hit]

seeing oncoming highway traffic while pointed the wrong way in the right lane is scary.

jeep and MR2 totalled. i had my seatbelt on, and walked away without a scratch. except for my hand. after i realized what i did, i punched the **** out of the dashboard/radio.

16 year olds shouldnt have MR2's

sidewaySilvia
Car: check bio you eeediot

Maaann , fok all these posts. I got a funny one. I was 19yrs old and me and most of my friends are wacky mothas.. I was living with my roommate, a 23 yr old ecuadorian, who acted like a planet of the apes member. One night me and a friend decided @ 3am (we were semi-sober) to take the keys to this monkey l00king kids 86 rust bucket hatch civic dx.. It was winter, the roads were slippy, and we were kookoo.Me and my friend alternated drifting this shet down narrow roads , then the mall parking lot.. Man it was funnn-eeeee. Downshifting 2nd then poppin the clutch. D.S 4th to 2nd , spinning this sucker crazy, but it was an open lot mind you. We ended the night , stretchin 3rd to like 70, going down this side street. There is a nice spoon curve at the end that I decided to take one last drift... Both of us had are windows open, smoking stoges , acting stupid, then the turn I dumped the clutched but hit the wrong angle and...PLOW!!! Sideways into a 5 ft hill of snow (this is the bad winter jersey had several years back!)Heeeheeee all of the snow crumbled into the car all over my friend, the floor, and the back seat as well as the shifter.. The car was stuck , radiator hose blew , smokin.. He climbed out my window and we both l00ked at this heap , smokin and started laughin HARD! For like 10-15min..

I come back to the apartment , snuck into his room and dropped the keys in the same spot this drunkin lout left them.. Let mee tell you the result...In the morning , this ape looking pale skin dude went out to his car as I'm l00kin out the window laughin my ballz off.. He takes one look at the car still has a lot of remnants of snow on the hood and windshield (I'm talking chunks). He stares for a few , then proceeds to open his door.. He yells F U C K !!!! I heard him from upstairs , then he heads inside....This ewok comes up to me and says .... " joey , uh , u got some towels I can use, I left my fokkin windows open and it snowed in my car..

Trust me it was hard as hell , keepin a straight face.. The driftin was fun though, all though there wasn't really much risk involved... My 240 drift is next reply :p

sidewaySilvia
Car: check bio you eeediot

I purchased my 240 about 4-5yrs ago before the big phenom "drifting" took place. I was still very keen on it following articles and option vidoes , mags, and the like. I decided in the winter, 2 mos after owning. To give it a whirl.. I knew nothing about how to drift just that it existed in japan as a sport and a few pics. The roads were blanketed with snow for a couple days and there was some black ice areas in my girl's neighborhood.I new this one apartment complex that was a one way. Cars parked to one side of this apex shaped course. I was with my girl and her friend and I just stopped about 25 ft. Before the first curve and said to them , a drifty doo daa, my girl was like " What ? What did u say? .. I said chek it out babe.. I took off still in 1st doin like 15, I hit the EB jus being cute, no serious drifting. And slowly began sliding, I had no control no manter what steering wheel manuever.. We were sideways for like 2 seconds and I hit a parked jeep doing like 5mph.. Jus "bump" then , I took off like a bat out of hell.. Front left fender and bumper needed to be replaced from that stunt .. Whooooopppieee

elgarvo616
Car: 1995 240sx aka sweet thang

my first drift was the other day. i decided i was finally comfortable w/ my s14. it was a right angle turn and i downed into second and went inside to outside. i was pretty sideways. it rocks. theres no better way to drive

silencer.1
Car: women, my car, paintball

I had played around with donuts and a little sliding sideways in my old 2000 s10 back in high school, but nothing I consider a real drift. My first real time was about 2 monthes ago. There's a section of road between work and home that has a bunch of twisties meant to be taken at 35-40mph. I take them at closer to 70-75 just for the look on peopl's faces when I pull right up to their *** at that speed. Raced a camero from one en of the road to other once, he ended up sliding off the road after losing traction. But anyways, so one night I'm driving through here and En up coming into the S-curve section a little fast, like 90mph, so I brake a little longer than usual. As I let off the brake and get on the gas, my rear end slides out and I counter-steer without thinking. I also let off the gas cause I panic not expecting this to have happened seeing as I've driven this section about a 50 times the same way. So the rear end ends up catching and throwing me back the opposite way and into a pretty narly spin. I end up doing a complete 360 and stop facing the way I started but in the opposite lane. I just sat there for a sec with my heart beating like hell and turned off the radio. I looked around to make sure no one was coming and went to take off but nothing. "Crap, the engine stalled." I started it up revved it once to make sure it was ok, then slowly drove to the nearest gas station and filled the tank since it was nearly empty. Scared the hell outta me for a while and I actually drove properly for about a week before I went right back to what I used to do.

IvoryJ30t
Car: 95 Maxima GLE, 95 Maxima GXE

back then it wasnt called drifting, it was called speeding and reckless driving.

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”