What was your first drift like?

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
NeedCAforS13
Car: E21 320i
HJ75 Land Cruiser

Bio_Hazard wrote:all kinds of import drift movies
come on guys, he's got drift movies! :rolleyes why is 240 gen so gay...

Sean

whiterps13
Car: white LE hatch

my first drift was in my friends integra. too bad we hit the tree going 55 with no seatbelts. luckily, the injuries were pretty minor considering the seriousness of the crash. yes, i always wear my seatbelt now.

sk8erguy1501
Car: 90 240sx KA24DE

my first drift. wow. industrial parking lot. just doing small controled parking lot drifts. amazing. my friend said i was pretty good.

NismoRb20S13

Bio_Hazard wrote:I did my first drift last night and was just wondering what everyone elses was like for them. Last night i was bored and it was nice out so i went for a drive and found a four lane road the intersected with a nother four laner, out in the industrial area so theres no one around. And i was just goffen and went into the corner at 55 and the rear sliped out, and i had lots of room to recover so i figered why not try to drift. so i'm doin 75 and hit the brakes turn the wheel and then gun it and i went sideways for the first time. it was one of the most awsome feelings i have ever felt. so i spent the next 3 hours finding coners and having fun. so what was your first time like?

As for enough power you dont hav eto have tons to drift just have to have a clue what you are doing, it doesn't take a whole lot to get a 240sx sideways once you've transfered the weight to the front...... as for the my first drift at 75mph?? either your blurring details to make yourself look better or your just really dumb.. esp on public streets.

not trying to be a jerk or anything

ride4lame

my first time... well i was a little nervous and she was real cute....

i romped all over it in 2nd, back end broke loose, open diff action, so i counter steered like 3 times. Then i giggled, and did it again.

Sliding_S14
Car: Sliding from the Side

after getting my 240 the first day it rained i went out to a Large empty parking area in the mall parking... just me and the huge light pole. Knowing the common accidents with light back end/rwd + minimul traction, i went out to make sure i knew how it felt to loose almost all controll and recover. got bored and started sliding around the light pole.

Sliding_S14
Car: Sliding from the Side

ride4lame wrote:and she was real cute....

your car or the girl you were maken eye jesters to?

chrispy
Car: Rowing, wakeboarding ,being outdoors, nissans

yeh mine was in this state marina near me. it has these wide twisty turns and stuff , so i slide around one , and like budwizer , i let off the gas and the rear griped and i went into the trees. Luckily they were all small trees , and i didnt get to far or else i would have been hitting the big stuff. Oh then it got stuck in the mud, and i had to get my brother to come with the truck to pull me out. and 2nd time drifting, huge open parkin glot , no cars. I had a mean course setup with these roacd cones that were there. But the fake *** security guard did not like it so i had to leave

alex7542
Car: Racing and high horsepower

My first drift was in my 98 tacoma. I was showing my friend how quick the truck was and then i had to make a left and i slamed it into second pop the clutch and the back end came around. It was beautiful but i was taking the biggest shyt. cause i was doing it as my friend was telling me what to do. after that i drifted w/e chance i had almost all the time when leaving school so great.

Then my first drift in my 88 supra was in the car hangouts in miami. i was showing off pay hauling *** when i was leaving and then a turn came up and i cut the wheel poped it into 2nd gear and the cars back end came around bueatiful cause my tires were bold so i had no traction. and i drifted the corner perfectly when i was leaving the parking lot cops started showing up at the hangouts so i thought i was screwed but they didnt see me.

In my 92 240 i had just finish swapping the head at my mechanic school and we turned it on. So i wanted to take it for a spin and in my schools parking lot behind the buildings theres like a curvy 90 degree turn. and i didnt mean to drift or anythign since i was jsut trying the car and i was in school. but then i was goign about 30 35 and the back end came around so i said fuk it i doubled clutch got the wheel or wheels spinning not sure if i have lsd but it came out perfect too. Until i went backl to class with the car and my teacher said that he liked it but dont dare to do it again if not im kicked out of school. lol

Ive had a lot of fun drifting,racing, jsut going fast. But i have had bad experiences with friends crashing right next to me. so becare guys it dangerous even if u think its not u pop a tire while racing ur gonna loose it at 100 mph. its happen to me.

silvia tunner
Car: 1995 Ruby Pearl s14

My first attempt at drifting was hoorible i wanted to do a 180. i was in 4th gear shifted to 2nd to get wheel spin to see if i could do it with out pressing the E-brake but ended up not having enough wheel spin and all the weight went on the front right wheel and the next thing i hear was POP. The Rack n pinion broke this happend like 2 weekends ago

jab11185
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

I first learned about drifting a few videos online. My firends and i got thios bright idea to make all of our cars do the same thing as those in the videos. At the time I had a 1996 Toyota Camry, not the sportiest thing in the world but it had a tight e-brake. We found a 90 degree corner near my house and practiced until we could all do it at about 35...

My first drift in an s13 was when i first got the car out in the rain, was trying to out run a couple of my friends took a sharp right, threw the car into 2nd and punched it...i scared the crap out of myself, i only kept control of the car by pure luck, needless to say, much practice is needed once the snow melts here in New England...

gtune4
Car: toonah

my first drift in my 13 was an accident... not really an accident. i was leaving my stupid girlfriends house, who lived in the mountains, pissed off. as i went around a corner in 3rd at a pretty good speed, a whole group of deer decided to run out in front of me. i hit the clutch and brakes a little, and the *** end broke free. I love the my s-13!!!!!!!! The car saved my life. With no mods at all, and no drifting experience before this, i managed to get around the deer while getting 2nd to not slide off of the road. I wonder if those deer whistler things you can put on your bumper are worth a ****?

HybridOne
Car: swaps

This sounds stupid, but my first drift was in an Audi A4. I pulled across 3 lanes of traffic to get into the suicide lane, and this dumb *** lady in a mercedes was apparently doing the same thing i was, but from the other side of the road....except, she skipped the whole suicide lane part and blew right past it and directly towards me. so..she was about to hit the driver's side of my car, so i steered right hard, then left and gunned it. Oddly enough the back end broke loose, and i was facing her drivers side. So she was moving formard in the lane, i broke it lose while passing in front of her, then slid counter clockwise, and i was facing the side of her car as she passed....then by an act of GOD i straightened it out and kept driving.

No one was in the car with me...she prolly thought i was crazy. And i'm sure everyone blinked right when it happenned...but i felt like a million bucks afterwards.

sydways
Car: 1991 240sx Hatch

my first drift was for the ladies at dairy queen........they weren't impressed with my technique

daniel

i learned from this old japanese grandpa in his kpgc110

it was scaryi almost crashed it

scared teh **** out of me but i just had to keep doing it because he was screamingDESHI GAMBATE !!!! HAYAKU!! and i was like OH WHAT THE **** I DONT SPEAK JAPANESE! hahahahait was pretty intense

but i love it now

and iwll ride along with anyone andhelp them get better

drifts14x
Car: Cars, Motorcycles, Drifting

I bought my first 240SX (89 Coupe) about 2 years ago and my first drift was on the night I found out my G/F had been cheating on me, I was doing 45 MPH with my mom in the car and on a 2-Lane Road with a 90 Degree Turn I punched it, cut the wheel and managed to keep the car facing the Apex for nearly the whole turn, in between two curbs!! That was my first drift, my mom nearly killed me for it and I probably would have enjoyed it more had I not been so pissed. Now Drifting is all I think about.

mattdesmond

My first was unintentional. I had an automatic NA 300zx and it was a little wet out one night. I was at a stoplight that had a bit of a curve after it which became the highway on-ramp. I was mad at the time so I decided to gun it off the line.

To make a long story short, I did a power over drifto unintentionally (wasn't used to controlling RWD) and spun it left, then right, then left, then I finally came to a stop facing sideways. The really scary part was there were others merging next to me. Really a dumb move. I then proceeded to turn the car around and got on the highway. :rolleyes

MustangManV6
Car: 1995 Subaru Impreza

My first drift was a couple months ago in my stang. These two crap heads were passin me while I was sitting at a stop sign so I pulled a wide left and go it sideways and held it for awhile the kids in teh civic didnt think the V6 could pull that off.

Thrwnsprkz
Car: 240sx

the 1st day i got my car (first RWD 5-speed) i did somethin while turning... downshifted i guess too fast, whole rear end kicked out unintentionally... took me a while to recover, almost **** myself b/c it was in traffic on a narrow road

240sxcoupe

my first drift, it was 98, got with a bunch of friends and ****ed with our cars, had a silvia Q at the time, we thought it was illegal to go around "driving recklessly" then later on we realized that the japanese did this as a 'sport'

Chingon

hmm...had a silvia q, yet you did not know japanese did this...interesting...

240sxcoupe

it was my second car, i was only 16, i wasnt everywhere and couldnt get rides off base all the time to see what the japanese were up to. stayed on base most of the time, and not everyone knew of drifting. just becuz you own a silvia it dont mean you know of drifting.shall i goto every person in okinawa and say yo, you have a silvia, that means you know what drifting is?

right around before my 17 birthday, i started driving off base illegally and discovered it. i destroyed football fields on rainy days, and sliding around parking lots, etc, i thought drifting was something that was illegal but did it anyways. remember this was all before drifting came to america. it's old, to america its new(well not anymore but ppl are still discovering it).

by the way im 21 now.

burnin240sx

my first drift was around 12-13 I was in my own lane going for a u turn into isle four and I drifted the cart all the way through the turn looking for some coco-pebble's.

in a car it would be in my 84 trans-am enjoying my first drive. i was trying to do a tail whip as i called it but made the car slide all the way around the turn.

Chingon

240sxcoupe wrote:it was my second car, i was only 16, i wasnt everywhere and couldnt get rides off base all the time to see what the japanese were up to. stayed on base most of the time, and not everyone knew of drifting. just becuz you own a silvia it dont mean you know of drifting.shall i goto every person in okinawa and say yo, you have a silvia, that means you know what drifting is?

right around before my 17 birthday, i started driving off base illegally and discovered it. i destroyed football fields on rainy days, and sliding around parking lots, etc, i thought drifting was something that was illegal but did it anyways. remember this was all before drifting came to america. it's old, to america its new(well not anymore but ppl are still discovering it).

by the way im 21 now.

hehe, I got you now ;)confused you w/a ricer there for a sec...

240sxcoupe

hahahaa sorry i hate ricers. :)

ceniack
Car: 2011 PBP STi Hatch

my first "real" drift was this weekend at the a texas drift event down in mineral wells texas. i had a couple good drifts and alot of ****ty drifts (and plowing) found out later that i prolly shoulda put a little more air in my front tires.

it was awsome, you know when you are a kid and played baseball (for those of you that did) and you hit the ball on the sweet spot of the bat and the sweet spot of the ball and it just feels "good" that is what my first and second, and third and so on and so on... drifts felt like.

oh, and open diffs suck, makes it hard to power out of a slide.

got some video footage of it, if/when i get it onto my computer and stuff i will post them up.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

warm apple pie.

Ghettokracker71

What was my first drift like?

Scary as a mother****er because it wasn't on purpose and I almost ended up wraped around a tree. Just got my license and was having a little TOO much fun in my moms 1997 Max SE and went into a 90 degree turn.....rest is history. Didn't wreck luckily !

obeypixel
Car: Filmmaking, Breaking Cars

My first drift was 3 days after I got my license, my first car was a 77 cadillac coup'deville. I went sideways turning onto a 4 lane highway, and pulled it out.

the second one was in a rainy parking lot with my dads durango, had it going for about 60ft and then smacked a parked camarro with the rear end.

with my 240, rhe first day, I hung it out pulling a u turn. Its so much easier than in the cad.

-Brandon

SLiDiNGSiLViA<~~~
Car: Racing

My first drift happened on a downhill curve. Couldn't tell that there was a curve cuz it was dark so I just entered the curve way too fast and I just downshifted and turned really hard and ended up sideways for about 5-8 seconds then I countersteered to straighten up my car...I will never forget that day and now I visit that road at least 4 times a week...

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”