What type of intake?

All things Altima Coupe.
Cal27
Car: 08' Altima 3.5 SE, White, Blonde Interior, Technology Package

Just wondering what type of intake you would all put on for better gas mileage and increase hore? Cold Air, Short Ram or anyother types out there.

AltiCoupeDriver
Car: 2008 3.5 SE Nissan Altima Coupe

Welcome to NICO! Well, the engine bay of the 3.5L will really only allow for a short ram intake. There are a few choices now, the newest being the Stillen Hi-Flow intake kit, the Fujita intake, the Injen intake, and the Weapon R intake. You can find links to them all on the sticky at the top of the page. It seems people are happy withe their Injens which can be bought on Stillen's site. You can find more info in the sticky at the top of the page. Im not sure which would give you the best MPG gains, but don't go for the Weapon R.

08altima35
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5SE 6Speed Manny Artisan Turbo Dark Slate

any dyno results on the stillen brand intake?

adidas2go
Car: Cycle through all kinds of cars, trucks, motorcycles, and boats 🤙
Once upon a time: 1st turbo Altima Coupe

There 3.5 is a CVT therefor the dyno numbers are pretty ineffective

nismofool
Car: Nissan Altima Coupe '08 3.5SE

i'm curious on the stillen intake

Hussain
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5se CVT

ya i never heard about the stillen intake till now. looks like just the filter but then again thats pretty much the only thing with ram air intakes. is the filter better? blake, you know all the guys at stillen, next time you talk to them ask them which they think is better (which will give you more power).

AltiCoupeDriver
Car: 2008 3.5 SE Nissan Altima Coupe

Josh mentioned it in another thread and posted pics. Its not just the filter, its the intake tube and all. I think its also cheaper than the Injen.

adidas2go
Car: Cycle through all kinds of cars, trucks, motorcycles, and boats 🤙
Once upon a time: 1st turbo Altima Coupe

Hussain wrote:ya i never heard about the stillen intake till now. looks like just the filter but then again thats pretty much the only thing with ram air intakes. is the filter better? blake, you know all the guys at stillen, next time you talk to them ask them which they think is better (which will give you more power).
Yea i saw it yesterday. Its a little short, however it does its job. Doesn't matter if the pipe is 6 inches or 12 inches long, its going to suck in the same air. The interior of the filter also houses a special air flow device that helps speed air as it leaves the filter. The Stillen intake looks nice and the filter has the Stillen name embroidered on it

Hussain
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5se CVT

lol ya i like how it says stillen on it.... so with the air thing inside of it, is it better then the injen? would it give more power then the injen is what i'm getting at. i'm not expecting an extra 50hp or sumthin (you can only get that from the ebay ones lol) but maybe like 1-2 hp diff? i mean the price is almost the same (stillen one is a little cheaper) so it just comes down to which one does the job better (both are good but i want what will give me the most power).

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”