What type of computer do you use?

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
DanielC

I like doing things cheaply.  Maybe that is why I got a Datsun many years ago, in the first place.
    After fighting with my Windows box, to get photos edited, I fired up a free computer I got from FreeGeek in Portland, Or. last year.   Not really free, I had to put in about 35 hours of sweat equity, but still worth it.
    The computers are older ones, recycled, and loaded with the Linux operating system. 
    I can edit the photos with a program loaded in the Linux box.  No spending several hundred dollars for some photo editing program.
    The word processing program opens the latest version of word documents I get sent, no having to buy the latest several hundred version of MS Office, on the latest, fastest computer running MS Vista operating system.

LilDat
Car: Datsun NL 320, Datsun U320 (the runchwagon) 1972 Datsun 510 wagon

Good job Daniel. I've threatened to go to Lenix at work but we've got so many windows dependent programs running. I do require everyone to use Mozella Firefox as browsers because I read an artical a year ago that explorer was unsafe for almost 300 days out of that year due to MS not getting patches out in time. Sweat equity is the best! Ken

phlebmaster
Car: 1973 240z L26 4spd rip roar and ready to go!

I use my work PC most of the time....very fast and I have all day to do it. :P

But at home I have an older HP that has 2 hard drives and three operating systems, Win XP Pro, Server 2003, and Ubuntu.  I like Ubuntu the best. Very easy on the eyes and no viruses!! :dude:

Firefox is what I use at home, very user friendly and much better than IE-7.

Has anyone else used Ubuntu?

http://www.ubuntu.com/

Check it out...it's free!!

Return to “Datsun Chat”