What trans will a FWD VQ30DE mate up to?

Discuss topics related to the VQ series engine.
Red Lightning

What trans will a FWD VQ30DE mate up to? Will the VQ engine mate up to a VG (maybe KA) trans? I have a friend who totaled his Maxima, I have a 200SX S12. I'm wondering will the VG (300ZX, Pathfinder) trans mate up to the VQ engine? Cause RWD VQ trans are hard to find. Except in the Fairlady Z and the new Pathfinder I can't think of any model that has it. If I can get a trans for cheap, I may attemp this swap. Thanks. :ylsuper

Chuck Hanlon
Car: road racing, drags, camping, fishing, grandkids

you might get a kick out of this. Apparantly there is a minor problem with the 6-speed in new 350z's and g35's. The third gear synchro will grind slightly when the engine is cold. There has been some discussion on this on Hybridz forums. The dealers change out the tranny's under warranty, and get rid of the "bad" unit. Some have sold on e-bay for 110.00. I went to a dealership today that is a customer of mine to check on this. It's an Infiniti shop. The parts manager told me that they only have one in now, and they throw them away!! They are going to GIVE it to me next week! Check your local dealerships, this is a fairly common problem. Works for me. Good luck.

Red Lightning

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately the car caught on fire last night :( . Looks like I may not be able to use the engine.

Chuck Hanlon
Car: road racing, drags, camping, fishing, grandkids

Wow, tough luck!

Red Lightning

The official explaination was the battery was damaged and caused the fire. :(

Return to “VQ30DE / VQ35DE / VQ35HR Forum”