What to look for.

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
southsidebugs

What's up guys and girls.  I'm new to datsuns and have no idea what to look for when buying one.  however i've got an old 74 beetle so i'm not new to old cars.  I know the basics.  but I just need to know what normally goes wrong.  I'm looking at a 73 datsun pickup with 55k miles on it.  also, is there much of an after market for these little guys.  and also, what would it take to lower one.  thanks. 

oh, and here is a link to the one I'm looking at.
http://kc.backpage.com/automotive/class ... for%20sale
p.s.  don't buy this out from under me..... please

lancekilgore

yes they can be lowered, just lower the front torsion bars for the front and I think you have to change leaf springs in the back.  these trucks are limitless on what you can do to them it all depends on the money you are willing to pay. alot of people like me use it as a daily driver and have fun.  Most parts you will need for the interior and such will come from forums like this or ebay.  and of course junk yards. 

Lance

southsidebugs

sweet.  i plan on using it as a daily driver.  just how reliable are they when it comes to cold weather starting.  also, how reliable are they period.

lancekilgore

As long as you take care of them, they will last forever.  Now cold weather starting I had problems with mine and put a webber on it.  but since it is getting into the 20's here now I kicked my daughter out of the garage and park the datsun starts every morning with out fail.

Lance

Return to “Datsun 620”