What to do with the factory system?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
leatherguts
Car: 95 Q45

Hello members,

I acquired a 95 Q last week. Great car, outstanding condition, but does need a thing or two.

First of all, a driver's side front strut. What are my best options? The car has a standard suspenion.

Yesterday, I took the car to eight different places around Chicagoland enquiring about a new CD/head unit. They all said the same thing: it will require extensive re-wiring and will cost more than I care to spend.

Are there any cheaper options out there? My car has the Bose system, but no CD changer. I would prefer not to have anything running through an FM modulator and the quotes I've gotten to rewire the thing are laughable.

Is there a cheaper solution?

Thank you in advance,

Greg

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Hi Greg... We should meet up sometime, im in Indiana and I know a couple guys in Chicago...

Anywho.. The factory wired them for CD changers..... You can get any clarion 6CD that says its fits a nissan, you can usually get them for like $200.

If you want an In-Dash solution, any nissan headunit you want should bolt in... Meaning the 6CD in dash changers, and basically anything that is from a bose system.. obviously NOT including the nav systems...

If you want to redo the system, its not that hard... You can get a harness that has open wires and it shows the colors of the different things..... You can splice it in, it will work...

so whatever you want to do, its not that hard.. It just depends if the factory bose system is "good enough" for you when it comes to audio quality. For me, its just fine

As far as struts are concerned, get TOKICO blues from Joe from scottsdale. his contact information is in my signature...

Q45denver
Car: 1995 Q45t 1990 Q45 1998 Nissan Frontier

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Yeah it shoud..... you have me tempted, its a good thing I didnt see that!!

RobertsnewQ

I think that's the 00 up Maxima one. They have a curved face so I don't think you can use it in a Q.

Rex
Car: None

RobertsnewQ wrote:I think that's the 00 up Maxima one. They have a curved face so I don't think you can use it in a Q.
Yup, double DIN "body", but non-standard face. Won't fit without modifying the dash, which I would NOT recommend.

There's a Pathfinder or QX4 that should "fit" and should "connect" witht he adapter you can find in one of my previous threads.

PoorManQ45

Rex wrote:Yup, double DIN "body", but non-standard face. Won't fit without modifying the dash, which I would NOT recommend.
good idea rex. I think I'm make a true double din braket for the Q45.

ANyways, I'm not too far from chicago(milwaukee), i'd wire everything up for ~$100. Youd just have to supply the materials. Total time woul be about 2 hours

leatherguts

I want to thank everyone for their advice.

Update on the car: I dropped it off at the shop yesterday just to confirm it needed a strut. They called back an hour later and stated while one front strut had a leak, it didn't look like it needed to be replaced. They said both wheel bearings were making noise, and that could be the source of the shake I experienced. The previous owner had also apparantly hit a curb, and one front wheel should either be replaced or transferred to the rear.

I instructed them to fix the bearings, and leave the wheels as is. I havn't decided whether I want to go aftermarket on wheels or just transfer one from the rear.

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

If you have the regular piepan wheels, i'll sell you my old set for like $50, in "ok" condition... not bad but not reallly really good either...

leatherguts

I'm not sure what the piepan wheels look like, mine are spoked.

Rex
Car: None

leatherguts wrote:I'm not sure what the piepan wheels look like, mine are spoked.
If they look like these (see pic below) I have a set for sale, sans tires, just follow this link

Click for full size

leatherguts

I sent you an email.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”