what to do

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
disry240sx

I just purchased my third 240sx. It is a 1989 fastback. It has a blown headgasket and I am trying to decide if I should rebuild it as a turbo beast or maybe go the sr20 route. I think that moneywise it is a wash either route, but I am slowly building up my expertise in tuning and I want to be able to produce something that is challenging and satisfactory to drive. I guess I could fix it up and make money on it, but I'd rather use it as a technology demonstrator to generate interest in the new shop my friend and I plan on opening soon. Anyway, I guess this is for those who have turboed their ka24e, is it worth it or would you rather see more people driving silvia conversions? My last s13 had been rebuilt with high compression pistons and was pretty impressive, but I want to do something different.what do you guys think?chad

midnight brother

My thoughts if you want to be different would be CA. Everyone is doing SRs but you don't hear of to many CAs. They are good performing engines too. With "would you rather see more silvia conersions" if you are talking about just cars made to look like them my opinion would be forget that idea. If you want to demonstrate something I think this idea would be sort of run of the mill. Even Civics and Integras now use the Silvia styling. I'm starting to think JDM is getting overrated.

george
Car: autocross

turbo the ka its much easier to find parts for it if something goes wrong. and the power is amazing too

george
Car: autocross

yeah JDM is overrated...we have extremely high quality parts right here in the US.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”