What to clean/polish up the interior with? What about the outside?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Direwolf
Car: Nissan Rogue

What do you use to clean the inside of your Rogue and keep it looking nice? What about for washing/cleaning the outside and then keeping it looking new/shiny?

philipa_240sx

Inside:Plastics: 303 Protectant. It's not greasy, doesn't leave a film on the windows, protects against UV, and leaves a nice satin (not glossy) finish.Windows: The choice of window washers everywhere: 1/4 cup vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon liquid dish soap or detergent, and 2 cups of water in a spray bottle. Much cheaper and IMHO more effective than Windex.Removing grease stains on fabric: Brake cleaning fluid. Be sure to test in an inconspicuous area first!

Outside: Washing: Meguiars Deep Crystal Car WashPaint: Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax. Long lasting and leaves a nice shine.Tires: Meguiars Endurance Tire ShineUnpainted Plastics (There is hardly any on the Rogue): 303 Protectant

gi'me

Outside: Zaino Z-2 polish and Z-6 gloss enhancer spray. The Z-2 lasts for months! Only available via zainostore.com

WD-40 is great for tough, hard-to-get-off tar, bugs, and other stubborn marks. For pine tar, I use turpentine, natch, but I'm very careful with it and wash it off the paint immediately.

Inside: Whatever I have on hand.

philipa_240sx

+1 for WD-40. It makes a great solvent for grease and tar.

Any sort of detailing spray, Z-6 as mentioned above, Meguiars Quik Detailer, etc makes for great touch-ups between waxes.

Unfortunately it's been a wet summer in Ontario, Canada... we've only gone 3-4 days in a row without rain so it's been tough to keep her shiny.

Return to “Rogue Forum”