What should I do???

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Bababoosky
Car: 2004 Acura TSX A-Spec (mine), 2008 Nissan Rogue SL-AWD Phantom White (ours)

Here's the short version...

2 weeks ago, my soon to be wife and I go looking at the Nissan Rogue as a replacement for her aging Oldsmobile. She drives it and falls in love with the car. So we decided to go ahead and start the paper work. Of course she has to fall in love with a exterior/interior combo that is not on their lot.

We leave a deposit, and the deal says that there should be no problem locating the car and we should have it by Friday (1/25). We hear nothing from the dealer all week until Thursday night they call and tell me that the car they were going to get was sold by another dealer. They also tell me that the car should not be hard to find, and that we will have it by Wednesday of this week (1/30). This time we do not get a call till Thursday telling us that they have not found the car, and it looks like they are not going to be able to find it.

I go on the internet and find one in15 minutes, get the VIN, call the dealer, and in fact they have it on their lot.

So, I am thinking about going to the new dealer to look at the car, and buy it from them and getting my deposit back from the other dealer. I feel that they really dont want to work for my sale since i honestly feel that I got a good deal.

What would you do?

Worst case scenario, we go to the other dealer, see if they can't beat the deal I have already gotten. If they can't, go back to the original dealer, tell them I have located the car, and tell them to go and get it.

jsellberg
Car: '08 rogue iridium graphite sl awd premium

What car is it? It took them FOREVER to find one like mine (irdium graphtie / gray leather). They were even considering importing one from Oregon (I live in CA) but found one more local last minute.

alnvilma
Car: 2007 Versa

I say give them a little more time if it is a good deal.I went through that on a new Prius. It turns out that not all dealers trade with all other dealers. It is worth waiting for the EXACT car you want because they all become just 'used cars' so fast!

Bababoosky
Car: 2004 Acura TSX A-Spec (mine), 2008 Nissan Rogue SL-AWD Phantom White (ours)

Its a Phantom White, with black cloth (leather broke the bank), moon roof and AWD premium package. I can't believe its so hard to locate....

Lightforce18
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue Black on Black. SL AWD. Leather. Moonroof. Premium.

it was SO HARD for me to find a Black on black leather here in IL. but the dealer ordered me one, and it came in 10 days. I say go to the new dealer, the one ur at now sucks.

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Go to the new dealer and see if they will do even better than the other place. Name your price - tell them you'll buy the car for $200 less than what your contract price is on the other one.

If they say No.. then share with them the fact that you have a contract pending with the other dealer. That you would be willing to break that contract and buy from them right now if they will give the same price.

It's a negotiation game.. see what you can get the new dealer to do for you. If it's close and you just want to be done with it.. buy it there. At least then you'll know what you have and not have to sit and wait anymore.

The other dealership is already out of contract, so they must refund your deposit if you ask for it.

Good luck!

SONNY
Car: 2008 Wicked Black Nissan Rogue SL AWD Loaded!

Bababoosky wrote:Its a Phantom White, with black cloth (leather broke the bank), moon roof and AWD premium package. I can't believe its so hard to locate....
If they have one with leather jump on that one. The diffence in payment will be VERY little and resale would be better with leather. I have the gray leather and it's so nice and mixes well with the interior trims. I was able to get 500 under invoice for a loaded SL AWD with a little work so don't just settle...

mmyye
Car: blue rogue sl awd, leather premium and moonroof

similar with my case, i want a silver with black leather with moonroof option at the time when i bought the car, but the sales told me, the car that i want is not exsit, righ after i bought my blue one back in nov, a month later, the silver with black leather showed up in their dealer

so just wait

Thirakul
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

SONNY wrote:
If they have one with leather jump on that one. The diffence in payment will be VERY little and resale would be better with leather. I have the gray leather and it's so nice and mixes well with the interior trims. I was able to get 500 under invoice for a loaded SL AWD with a little work so don't just settle...
i agree with the leather... plus, it is a lot more comfortable compared to cloth. but as far as the biggest plus for leather... resale.

Bababoosky

I agree with you. I personally LOVE leather. But this is gonna be my fiance's car. She doesn't want the leather. Besides, we aren't purchasing, we are leasing. I know it's not a good move in the long run financially, but right now we are saving for our wedding and we cannot afford a large car payment. I am really on the fence....

jsherm007
Car: 2008 Rogue

some dealers just plain stink! Take my story for instance..

I went to my local (Rochester, MN), and only, dealer to drive a Rogue, they had a SL AWD in the color combo I wanted. I offered them $200 over invoice and the guy wouldn't even take my offer to the sales manager. he proceeded to tell my wife and I that "this was their first Indigo and they can't sell it that cheap" and "they've only discount $400 off one of these before..." Then he'd give me $16,500 on my 07 Civic Si w/ nav for trade... Black Book says it's worth ~$18,400

So the next week we go to the Minneapolis where I had negotiated the price over the phone - with 1 email - $200 over and to pay the salesman $100 cash to him (I sold cars and know he'd only make $100 on the deal) plus it's incentive for him to help me to get me MY price.. So I got $18,300 for my trade and I drove home the Indigo blue... The SAME Indigo blue I test drove in Rochester! My local dealer traded "their only Indigo" to the dealer in Minneapolis! I guess it wasn't so special afterall.. So I had to drive 3 hours (round trip) to buy the car that was 8 minutes from my house!

Then I went to the dealer 2 weeks later looking for the chrome grill, and the salesman sees us in our new Rogue! He can't believe it. I don't blame him too much, since it's the only Nissan dealer in town they have a captive audience, but please. He said he called me after our first visit and before I bought the car the upcoming weekend. He seemed upset I didn't call back... Honestly, I didn't remember getting the message, but when I left their dealership we were $1500+ apart on the selling price and $1900 apart on the trade. So unless he had a $3,400 change in heart the call probably wasn't going to change anything I guess.

In the end it all worked out. But who wouldn't drive 170mi round trip to save over $3,400??? Apparently they thought I wouldn't!

crypto1300
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Iridium Graphite Premium Package

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you guys know about this website http://www.fightingchance.com/

I purchased my Rogue using a telephone technique to solicit bids from the dealers in my area. I only walked in to a dealer to test drive the Rogue, other than that my whole negotiation process was done by phone & email.

There are only 4 dealers in Hawaii, but the technique worked well, and given the extra cost of doing business in Hawaii (higher shipping costs) I got my Rogue (SL 2WD, Premium Package) for $350 above invoice.

I will personally never walk-in to a dealership to negotiate again.

MAHALO

Bababoosky

Well I ended up going to a different dealer, and all i have to say is YAHTZEE! These guys blew the other deal out of the water! Ended up getting the car for $400 over invoice, and they are gonna have it ready for me tomorrow! The ONLY drawback was that they had pinstriped the car, and that sucks. They are removing them tomorrow morning and we get the car around 1. Thanks to everyone for their advice it really made the difference. I can't wait to see this forum grow

Return to “Rogue Forum”