what should i do?????

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
nismokid

i have a 91 240 fastback with 120k miles and $2k should ia)put a newer motor in it and start from there orb)put my car and cash as a down payment for an s14

i thought about the sr swap but i like the ka motor

any help would be appreciated :help

thanx

KarmaPolice

If you own the 91 I'd keep it. Do some mods andhave fun with it. With 120 thou you have a long way to go. Remember the ka is in all the us models. Well thats just my opinion.

ninjak84
Car: S13, Z32, Titan

120,000 miles?i wouldnt think thats a far way to go, a bit on the lean side. it would depend on how many miles are already on the s14 i suppose.

i would stick with your 91 though.

240fastback
Car: cars...food...basketball

definetly go for the sr swap!! you need about 1,000 more though...to get the red top!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :ylsuper

SpeedingMonk
Car: drifting, nissans, and keeping all other cars behind me

well what i would do....

before u plan on a swap, differ car, blah blah blah do a compression test and leakdown test.

in case u werent sure.. a compression test will more or less tell u if ur engine is up to par. (making enough compression to spin the rear wheels like thay should be, it will also tell u where ur loosing compression valves, head gasket, pistion rings or cillander walls) a leakdown test will tell u if u have n e loss of oil pressure @ all (leaks).

if both check out fine id dive into a world ov modds +D NO SWAP FOR ME NOOO FREKKIN WAY sure turbo, 50more hp blah blah blah. but u put that 3g into ur engine as apposed to replacing it than u can smoke pretty much n e thing (assuming u know how to drive your car right) INCLUDING THE SR20 but 3g will get u ...

Jim wolf Technology.comcams - 560ecu - 600header (exhaust) - 350brake upgrade (300zx i believe) - 1050im pretty sure u need 16z to fit the rotor / clapier in

koyo aluminum radiator -375

total - 2935if u have an auto..

levelten.commodifyed torque converter - 500modifyed tranny - 500 (handels up to 3x stock hp ,torque)

but stay w/ the ka +D it peaks 160lbf TQ @ 4400 RPM it has a REALY mean power band (alot better than the sr) it costs 3g for a turbo but ur engine must be modifyed a bit

peace

SpeedingMonk
Car: drifting, nissans, and keeping all other cars behind me

even if its not up to par... id fix it no dought than drop the rest of ur $$$ in to it

sr, police fu*k em both

horrorbiz
Car: 90 240sx hatch, 02 Subaru WRX

man car payments suk, keep the car. if you like the KA just have a little fun with it. mod here mod there. me I'd go all out for the SR swap:firedevil

nismokid

if i do keep my car i want to drop a newer motor in it becuse my motor is starting to leak oil all over the place (slight exageration)and rebuilding my motor is going to cost a bit too much. ive been to a few shops and i know a few people so getting another motor isnt really a problem. i think im just going to do that or blow all of my money on lotto tickets an hope that i win j/k

for right now im going to keep the car n/a because im still in college and cant afford problems that come with turbocharging a car, so im looking along the lines of getting a new header and some pulleys soon after the swap.(already have intake, exhaust and a few other little things) i just need to keep it reliable for 2 more years.........

ok im going to the shop this week and getting another motor thanks for all your help ill let you guys know how it goes :D

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”