What's up with this...?

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
99QX4
Car: '07 G35, '05 FX35

What's up with this, nobody answers me on this forum?! I am sure there are enough people in this QX4 section because the posts are growing. I have 3 posts in here and this makes 4, i hate to post this because i love all you on this forum, but i hardly get any answers! I need some type of feedback even if you have no idea in anyway an answer to my question. :( Also if somebody will let me know that they are having problems finding stuff for their Q that would be good too, because again last nite i was dissapointed with something that didn't work out with my car!:mad: Thanks:)

NISTECH

whats your question? i have read 2 of your posts

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Some of your questions are harder to answer for some of our usual crew.:(

So often I (and I suspect others) may not post if we dont know.

Fred..:angel:

99QX4

NISTECH thanks for answering me on the post about white face gauges, i finally got an answer! That post was from April! I have another post in Infiniti General about QX4 exhaust and nobody answered me, barely anybody looked at it (i haven't checked it in a couple of days though). I figured i'd be better off in that section because it doesn't seem like there were a lot of people talking in this one.

99QX4

Palmerwmd, i'm sorry if some of my questions are difficult, it's just I want to do so many things to my car, but the products are just not out there! I have to fabricate things, but if i brake something i am not going to pay $120 for one corner light! I guess my dad didn't know when he got me this car that i was going to modify it so much. Also under Infiniti General somebody asked about changing fog lights and got an answer pretty quickly, i had that question a long time ago under the Infiniti Online Mechanic, but got absolutely no answer.:( Am i not getting responses because i am a girl?

NISTECH

actually i had no idea you were a girl. there is nothing in here to identify if the user is male or female unless they post it. i had never really came to these forms till recently cause i hadent gotten use to the forum and its functions till now. now that i have figured it out i try to get around more. but now that i know you are a girl are you going to participate in the girls of nico calender their talkin about in the main genral chat ;)

99QX4

yea well some guys figured out i was a girl because of one thread saying that i converted my fiancé from a mustang to a sentra ser spec v, and i don't remember how, but they said "your a girl right?" or something like that, so that's why i write in purple (now that i figured out how). Also palmerwmd said "can't anyone answer this mans question?" in a fog light replacement thread under Infiniti Online Mechanic, i thought it was funny, my sisiter and i were cracking up! But he didn't know, so i felt bad/weird to tell him that i was a girl, i didn't want to make him feel or look stupid!:D

NISTECH

nothin wrong with you bein a girl . odd to me tho to see so many girls workin and upgrading their cars. I am a bit older member and women my age dont generally work on their own cars nor did they when we were younger. tried to teach my girl freinds some of the basic maintanice things on our cars but they showed no interest. i think its awsome women are getting involved in workin on their cars that way when they do take it in for a repair they understand whats being done. they also dont get takin for a ride by the crooked technicians out there.

99QX4

Yeah, well i know a lot of girls that aren't into cars at all, well if i think about it i can't really say that i know a girl around where i live that is as into cars as i am. My father owns a bodyshop so i see a lot of stuff there and like to learn what they do. I was wet sanding a car in the shop, and my dad walked in and looked at me so weird, he was like "what are you doing?!" i guess it's weird to see a girl working on a car like that because all the workers were surprised too. I enjoy it, i helped my fiancé put exhaust on his old mustang, i help him change the oil in our cars, i get involved. I especially like going to the car shows too. Also, I love driving stick, i know guys that don't even like that where i live!

NISTECH

there are several girls on this site. guess thats what amazed me when i realized how many were on here. IMO you dont drive an automatic you ride in it. grabbin gears is what driving is all about!

99QX4

ha! that's good!:) One of my friends tried to drive our other friends 5spd car and almost crashed into a fence! But i love it!

leeQX4
Car: 04 I35/03 G35

hey I have the same problem so, you are not alone. I visit another board often and the QX4 section is pretty much dead too. You get more replies and visits and cardomain than you get at some of these message boards. QX4 is a nice truck, but not to many enthusiast out there.

99QX4

Well i did pretty much feel like i was the only one, but it is good to know that there is somebody else out there.:pface It's just that i have such high hopes for doing stuff to this car, but there just isn't a big enough market to make it worth any company to make anything!:(

leeQX4

99QX4 wrote:Well i did pretty much feel like i was the only one, but it is good to know that there is somebody else out there.:pface It's just that i have such high hopes for doing stuff to this car, but there just isn't a big enough market to make it worth any company to make anything!:(

Not really. Just give it some time. I work with a race shop around my way. They are helping me build a project car out of a 240sx. Anyway, they have custom built my exhaust, using the stillen catback exhaust and they custom fabricated a heat shield to go around the intake. I am currently looking for some headers, and they are going to dismantle my engine bay to see what else can be done. If stillen can make a supercharger for the 3.5l engine for the maxs and g35s autos, then I will have my installer custom fit the one from a g35 to fit my QX4 in the coming months. I have to wait until stillen officially brings out the auto supercharger. There is a lot of do it yourself mods you can do. It just takes time.

Start by going to stillen.com and get some peformance mods for a pre 01 nissan pathfinder. Everything from the pathfinder should fit the QX4. I searched for 98 pathfinder and they had exhaust, intake and a couple of other things.

99QX4

I just recently got an intake, and i saw the exhaust and i've been wondering how it sounds. I really wanted a supercharger, and i know they had one that would fit my car, but it was discontinued!:angryfire Well i'll have to see what i can find. I've also had my heart set on clear corners (which i am trying to fabricate) and xenon (not yellow) fog lights (which i am also in the process of trying to fabricate). It's been a long, frustrating process for me.

leeQX4

99QX4 wrote:I just recently got an intake, and i saw the exhaust and i've been wondering how it sounds. I really wanted a supercharger, and i know they had one that would fit my car, but it was discontinued!:angryfire Well i'll have to see what i can find. I've also had my heart set on clear corners (which i am trying to fabricate) and xenon (not yellow) fog lights (which i am also in the process of trying to fabricate). It's been a long, frustrating process for me.

Are the housing assembly for the foglights on the pre 01s have yellow casing or just yellow bulbs? I can remember someone on another forum retro fitting the 01 HIDs on the 00-99 qx4s and he also did the fog lights. I thought it look pretty nice. If you want the HID look in your foglights, I would suggest the PIAA H3 extreme whites. They look close to stock 01-03 HIDs. I have those in my fogs but they are pretty pricey at $64.00. There has to be away to change the amber lights in the corners to make them clear. I'll check around. I just noticed this morning that my corner lights are clear, and they just have amber bulbs. I will replace the amber with clears. When I find the correct part number.

PalmerWMD

I am also confident the VQ series supercharger can fit or can be made to fit the QX4.

Fred...:)

99QX4

leeQX4, With the fog lights, there is a yellow lense, it's not the bulb. I'm not sure if I can get it out without completely breaking my light. I have found another lense to replace the yellow ones, because i think the lense has something to do with the way the light projects. And as for the bulbs, i had the PIAA's a couple of months ago, but returned them when i found out about the yellow lense. I am not worried about the price because at my father's bodyshop he recently got a wholesale account, so i can get bulbs for a really good price, even if i didn't have the connection i would pay the price for them because i have PIAA's in my headlights and love them.

Palmer..., I'm sorry for my stupidity, but i am unsure what the VQ series supercharger is that you are refering to...:(

PalmerWMD

Stillen and I think Greddy as well are finishing up superchargers for VQ series engines in the G/Z.

Starting in 99.5 model year ( I <think>:confused:) your vehicle also has a 3.5 L VQ series engine.

A good shop may be able to fit those SC's to a QX4 assuming its recent enough a model.

Fred..:)

99QX4

Oh okay:thinker , but my car is a 3.3 L. I've read that the G35 supercharger can be modified to the QX4 engine, but they say, unfortunately not mine.:(

PalmerWMD

I didnt know u had the 3.3L.sorry to get your hopes up...

Fred...:(

99QX4

I'm used to it...getting all exctied about something, then finding out it doesn't work:( . But it's not ur fault, so don t' worry about it. I am really trying to find out about my fog lights though, that is really bugging me!:mad:

leeQX4

99QX4 - Try retro fitting the 01 qx4 foglights to your 99 it should work. Oh, there is a supercharger for the pre 01 QX4s/pathfinders. There is a guy on cardomain with one on his 97 qx4. I think he is the only one on the whole site supercharged.

Also, where did you hear that the g35 supercharger would fit the QX4???????? :confused: I am dying to supercharge my truck. If this is true, I will buy the supercharger next month. Can you say bye-bye fx35 and look out fx45!!! muwahahahahaha! :ylsuper

99QX4

I looked at the 01+ QX4 fogs, but they are significantly smaller than my fog light/ blinker space. The little black side pieces with the slits are also smaller. If u dont' know what i mean by that i'll try to find a picture. If my current plan doesn't work , i was thinking about just getting the 01+ bumper and all that stuff so it will fit. And i'm not sure about where i saw the supercharger thing, but i'm sure Palmerwmd has more information about it.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”