What's the furthest you can go with a q45 suspension?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
voopster
Car: '93 q45,' 93 Mr2 turbo gen4

I've got a q45 project underway. I have a donor '90 300zx n/a that I plan on swapping the 5spd from, as well as a full suspension refresh, and possible future turbo setup. I have a approx budget of 4k for swap parts/suspension parts (I can and will do all the work myself). The goal is to have the car become the roadtrip, daily, runabout slidey car. Not looking to be on the ground just about 2" more low and a decent bit stiffer, with some weight reduction.

The plan is a Wes Stinson ECU/adapter plate, K-sport coilovers, all the xcessive swap parts, z32 brakes, z32 diff? (Would I take a huge economy loss? Does it fit?) fresh poly bushings everywhere, and whatever adjustable suspension components are available (I've read very conflicting posts in the past with some people saying this and that works/doesn't and was wondering if anyone had a cars suspension built to similar spec? I want the best q45 you can make basically, I know I'm spending more than the cars value but I'm never going to sell it, love old cars more then new ones, have many others to use drive as well, and moneys not too tight. Any help? Clutch suggestions?

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

Search around I there was a guy that did a 5 speed swap, damn cannot remember his handle, but his tag-line was shift with you left foot. He had to make lots of accomodations to get that 5 speed into his Q45.

If you can find the coilovers somewhere you should go for that, there are no other options left out there for the 1st and 2nd Gen Q's as there were a few years ago. Search around and you will find him.

MowgliCSM
Car: 99 Q45t, 07 S550, 89 Mitsu Mirage Turbo.

For suspension components, T Demand is what you want. But it's not cheap.

https://www.t-demand-usa.com/

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”