What replacement TIRES did you choose?

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
ATLcple
Car: 2010 G37 conv 7AT
Graphite Shadow/Graphite w/maple

Hello all. My newly purchased 2010 G37 vert had it's OEM tires when I bought it in Oct 13.
I did a quick bit of research on what brand and type of tire I would replace them with...I wish I did a more extensive search.
Now I would like to ask anyone here exactly which tire you replaced your stock Dunlop SportsMaxx tires with.
I know (like we all do) that all the G37 verts have a staggered setup (wider in the back) no matter if you have the normal 18" 5-spoke wheels OR the extra cost 19"s....and that this stagger sometimes limits our choices as not all manufacturers make all there tires in every conceivable size!)
SO...if anyone here has moved away from the Dunlops at their first tire change, please tell me what you bought instead, did you stick with the stock (OEM) sizes, and how you like your choice.
I went with Conti ExtremeContact DWS tires...but I would like to know about other owner's choices so I can better choose my next set.

(I am not unhappy with my ExtremeContacts..I haven't put 500miles on them yet...I just want to make a more informed choice if I go with something else next time) :naughty:

newSpider4re

Hankook ventus

Cobra_Kai_84
Car: 2009 G37S convertible - Athens Blue/Graphite, Premium, Sport, Nav, rear deck spoiler

I also have the Hankook Ventus V12. Same size as OEM. Good enough for me!

ATLcple
Car: 2010 G37 conv 7AT
Graphite Shadow/Graphite w/maple

Cobra_Kai_84 wrote:I also have the Hankook Ventus V12. Same size as OEM. Good enough for me!
Thanks Cobra...that actually answers an important question for me. I was told the Hankook V12 Evos DID NOT come in our G37 stock OEM sizes (but maybe you have the 19" wheels, since you have the Sport pkg).
I was also told that most tire manufacturers produce some sizes in limited quantities so they don't end up with tires sitting on shelves. At the time I looked to purchase Hankook V12 Evos, I was told I could not get them for my 18" wheels in 225 and 245 widths.

Any other good experiences from forum members with other than the Hankooks or ExtremeContacts?

Cobra_Kai_84
Car: 2009 G37S convertible - Athens Blue/Graphite, Premium, Sport, Nav, rear deck spoiler

yeah I have the 19 inch wheels from the sport package. I didn't know they were not available for the 18 inch touring wheels. good luck

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”