What Options to get on G35 coupe?

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
SLVR LUDE

I know about the PREMIUM PACKAGE since thats defently worth it.

But i would defently need Rear Limited Slip Difentials for the winters up here in NORTH EAST. But seems like it only comes when you get the wheel perfomance package. IS that true or does LSD comes standard on the car?

I would rather get regular stock 17s and just buy a set of 18s on my own. Since i would want to get Deep dish on the back and better tires / cheaper then Michellin Pilot Sport. I just think G35 will benefit from Deep Dish on the back ...such as Racing Hart C4s

Stu Segal
Car: G35 Coupe, Silver, Aero / '06 C6 6.0L

I got 17s with no LSD. My friend just ordered a coupe, wanted lsd, and they made him get 18s.

But you can always unload the 18s on EBay - if I remember right, they cost $600 as an option, so you should be able to easily sell them for that, as long as you yank them off when new.

. . .Stu

SLVR LUDE

Is LSD really that important?

I mostly would need to know how the car would act in the North East Winter storms without it!

what do you think?

Stu Segal

I also live in the northeast, and took delivery of my car in early january - so I got to drive it in the snow a couple times. With the elaborate traction control, vehicle dynamic stability control and abs it is great in the snow.I really haven't missed the limited slip differential, and I have not regretted ordering the car with 17s. I also planned to switch wheels eventually, and i wanted something a little more distinctive than the factory 18s.. . .Stu

SLVR LUDE

Yes i was planing to swap out to 18s as well but only if i were to get 17s. I already know that i want Deep Dish in the back. and I think i might go with Racing Hart C4. Not sure how much those will be with wheels/tires.

But i think imight take your advise and get.... 18s and then dump them on Ebay. the only thing .... i would need to find another set of 17s to use in winter with snow tires. I really want that LSD.

Whats the bolt partern on the G35 is it 5x114.3 ?

Stu Segal

Not sure about the bolt pattern - haven't yet changed wheels. I guess the other detail to watch is the offset. The C4s are cool, but I think you're going to spend serious $ for a set plus tires.

The 17s are fine for everyday, and winter, driving - and I know you can pick them up on ebay (or you may even be able to convince your dealer to sell you a set - they of course have the new sets they remove for folks who get custom wheels. and they tend to sit in inventory, as they only sell for accidens or dented rims)

I was going to change wheels then in March somebody dented my driver door, and as the car is bright silver it required painting the door, fnt fender and rear qtr panel. About 3 wks after I got the car back, it got hit AGAIN - SAME DOOR while in a parking lot. So instead of spending $ on wheels, I've become a favorite customer of the body shop.

Except for the driver door being accident prone, it's a GREAT car.

. . .Stu

SLVR LUDE

did you get the 6spd or auto. I'm getitng auto. much better for city driving.

Well I didnt really price out the C4s yet. Just someting i thought would look good. But i defently know i want the deep dish .... cause that would defently personalise the car.

Sucks to hear about the door. Our current cars are Infiniti i30t and my Honda Prelude.... infiniti has been unlucky one since day 1. Been hit pretty bad 3 times already. Funny thing...always when its parked and always by a truck. With the small damage being like 7,000 with the biggest being 12,000 . that car needs to go. the lude been hit also... but mostly by stupid door dings..and old lady ... and hit and run... and me driving it into a wall (while drunk) but it wasnt that bad. :oface

How do you like the power on it? Planing on any power upgrades? I'm really looking fwd to getting the stillen exhaust and intake. Hoping to match up to 350Z power.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I think LSD is pretty important even if u dont live in north.

Performance driving is helped by LSD (but not by TCS)

Fred...:)

Stu Segal

i got automatic - same reason. i do a lot of city driving, and i'm also on the phone a lot, and i also have the dog (bullmastiff) in the back seat a lot - so given the amount of diversions i figured the 6spd would be a problem.

the dual gate shifter that lets you ratchet-shift the auto is fun, and useful.

even though i'm in nj, i bought my car from the guys at Northshore Infiniti, in Great Neck LI. they were a pleasure to deal with - if you want i'll put you in touch with them.

as to power. pls understand, i have traditionally owned large cubic inch high torque cars and bikes, and the G35 is my first experience owning a smaller c.i., high revving, high hp/low torque engine.

that said - the car is very "driveable". it handles, and it's fast. fast enough to move through holes in turnpike-speed commuter traffic.

i have no complaints with power. i think in a straight line either from a standing start or a roll (provided you kick the automatic into the right gear) it'll blow off 99%+ of the cars on the road - including a good number of sports cars and some exotics. (i wouldn't pick any races with suzuki hayabusas or ducati 999s, but i wouldn't do that even if i was in a Z06 Vette).

the car has been everything i expected - and what i expected was something halfway between a BMW M3 and an M5, at $20-30K less.

. . .Stu

SLVR LUDE

We got all our infiniti's from Nortshore Infiniti. They are nice... and the dealership looks amazing. My salesperson is Kevin. But the deal they gave us on the new car is basically the same as everyone elses. Sticker price and no money off.

well actually he did manage to lie to us. Said he would get us out of the lease of the i30t early and give me the g35 and take a few hundred off the sticker.... but then when he finally got the car in stock...he said... no way.

SO i'm actually going back there today and get my deposit back from them. i hope he is not gonna give me crap about itother wise...:angryfire and i will ...express myself about how he told me lies. ..oh well what do you expect... all dealers are the same way.

Stu Segal

funny thing. i live 5 minutes from Ray Catena Infiniti, and i yanked my deposit from them for a similar reason. i think these salesman sometimes get so focussed on doing a deal that they make promises - and i think in normal circumstances they may even keep the promises. but with the G35 coupe it's not normal circumstances - they have people lined up to buy them, so there are no deals. it just sucks when they go back on the promises.one of the reasons i stopped buying hds is that with the continuous demand, the dealers always have the upper hand and everybody gets treated like sh*t - same thing with the G35C.but i think as long as you're willing to pay MSRP (or close) you'll find a car. i actually found a car in the color i wanted, with the options i wanted (premium, auto, NO NAV SYSTEM, aero) in stock, bought it over the phone, and picked it up 3 days later. there's enough dealers in the nyc area that you ought to be able to get your car from somebody who doesn't lie to you.. . .stups: if they won't give you your deposit back, then become their worst nightmare - a loud unhappy customer in the middle of the showroom complaining about how they screw people and lie on each deal - as long as there's other customers around, they'll cave.

Malachi3
Car: Fantasy Baseball;

If you're anywhere in the Southwest part of the USA, Infiniti of Scottsdale (Arizona) is DIFFERENT. The big difference is their GM, Ken Schatzberg. He's been with Infiniti from the beginning and runs his dealership with a very active hand. Lots of the salespeople have been there for many years. Not only that, but he is on the Infiniti Product Development Committee, and takes a very active interest in customers and their comments, because he then passes this info along to the designers at the Factory. I think Infiniti of Scottsdale sells more cars than any other Infiniti dealer in the West outside of the LA or SFO areas. Call them and ask for Mr. Kenney, Mr. Fitzsimmons or Mr. Nelson in their Fleet / Internet Department. 1-800-955-9181 or 480-941-0055. This might look like an ad - but it's real - I've bought from them and they're great!

dookiebob
Car: Snowboarding, Ron Jeremy flicks

SLVR LUDE wrote:Is LSD really that important?

I mostly would need to know how the car would act in the North East Winter storms without it!

what do you think?

LSD is EXTREMELY important in a car with that much power going to the rear wheels. Not just in snow, but in spirited driving on backroads and mountain overpasses as well.

Even if you like to run a stop light drag here or there, you'll put power to the pavement more efficiently with the LSD. I've seen a 5.0 Mustang w/o LSD crash into an adjacent WRX during a race because his power was all going to one wheel.

-Bob

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”