What now?

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
drifter
Car: Drifting, cars, etc.

OK, I'm already planning to get Hotshot headers for my car...but after that, what should I do with my motor? I was thinking something along the lines of a new flywheel, pulleys maybe, LSD and ECU...would these be the next step after I/H/E?

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Yeah, those and suspension mods. Could later go to cams, port and polish, etc.

Daunttless

Depends how long you want to stay N/A or if you are ever going to go turbo. You could put in higher compression pistons, cam work, port and polish, as had been said, With your list of mods I'd do suspension and LSD, if you really want the power I"d say go with the higher compression and an ECU reprogram. : ) Good Luck!

drifter

Yeah I thought out having a turbo and I decided that since I wasn't looking for a big boost in HP anyhow, that I might have more fun going down the N/A path, seeing as I know what parts to get. Don't get me wrong though...I love turbo...it's an awesome thing but way too much of an investment for a college kid paying for pretty everything on his own...thanks for your help guys...

When you do an ECU upgrade, do they modify your existing ECU or send you a completely new one?

And is there a specific flywheel that's good for the S14?

Thanks!

Daunttless

You can either have them send you an ECU, which is more expensive, or you can send yours in to be reprogramed, which is cheaper. : )

drifter

Thanks Daunt...how did you become so knowledgable about cars? You've answered most of the questions I've put up on the boards...

Did you learn through trial and error?

trpower7

<--------- Learned by Trial and Error. Ask me about my Supra sometime..........

Daunttless

Just lucky I guess, I've learned from a lot of other peoples trial and error in addition to my own.

drifter

trpower7 wrote:<--------- Learned by Trial and Error. Ask me about my Supra sometime..........
It wasn't a MKIII Supra by any chance, was it? 'Cause then I know exactly what you went through....!

Daunttless

I've never met anyone except for TR who's had that many problems with a MKIII. With 99% of them the only thing that ever goes wrong is the headgasket. Sheesh, you guys just must be unlucky.

trpower7

MKIII Supra. Destroyed my budget. I lost I think 5 grand or so on that car. I would rather take a bullet than deal with another 7M-GTE ever ever every again. Tell me your MKIII horror story and then you can hear mine.......

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”