What make and model of replacement tire did you buy when OEM tires finally wore out?

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Rdsrds123
Car: 2018 Nissan Versa

My 2018 base model S with manual transmission has 57k miles, but coming out of winter the tires should be good until 60k before finally being toast. One tire was replaced with the OEM make, Continental, about 15k ago when one morning I found a screw buried into the side wall. Not legal to fix a tire damaged on the side, only on the tread can one be plugged. I found that out. When searching for an identical replacement tire, no store stocked Continentals to fit Versa. Don't know why that is. I want a good common make of tire that is easy to find and is easily available for whatever reason. I have always kept my cars until the junkyard claimed them, most times, so by default I plan on keeping my Versa at least through a second set of tires. Should I replace these tires with identical Continentals? I want a quality tire with good traction and wear. I like Hankook. What tires did you buy for your Versa and how do they compare with the original tires? Wear mileage? Gas mileage? Handling? Looking forward to your replies...

2019Versafan
Car: 2019 Versa S

I like the OE Continental tires for my 2019 Versa S+. The Continentals are great provided you keep them properly inflated and rotate them every 5,000 miles. I buy my Continentals at my local Nissan dealership where I purchased my car. They stock the correct size.

wags69
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa
2007 Saab 9-7x
2002 Cadillac Seville STS

I replaced the Contis on my 2009 with Yokohama Avid Acend. Has been a great set of tires during their lifetime. They are now approachhing the end of their service life.
They have better handling in both wet and snow, MUCH quieter, good wear, and fuel economy about similar.
I

Return to “Versa General Chat”