what kinda cams u got

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
UncleBen
Car: '05 G35 Sedan Sport, '98 240sx LE auto, '95 240sx SE auto,

? could you tell a difference in performace?

numatik
Car: cars

I'm looking for cams for my 98 also. I read somewhere that you can use cams from an earlier year 240 for higher performance (or maybe they were from an altima?). low mileage used oem cams from an older 240 or altima would probably be pretty cheap. Anyone?

JNM240
Car: 90 Coupe, 90 Hatch (CA18DET)

I know in advance that this will be no help to the KA24DE, but i have the Nismo street cam in my SOHC and MAN can you tell a difference. The idle is a lot rougher, and i had to get an HKS Super AFR to regulate the idle (i would kill every time i slowed down), but i would DEFINATELY say this is the LARGEST hp/dollar ive spent! Other than that, i know Jim Wolf makes cams, as well as Gude (although ive heard bad things about Gude's customer service). HKS makes one for the SR20DET, as well as Tomei. Good luck!

Zebrahead
Car: cars, basketball, girls, fishing

Hey JNM240, that's a pretty impressive list of mods, something close to what I plan on pursuing for my 240. Have you got your car dyno'd? 1/4 mile times? 0-60? that stuff?

Just curious.

Thanks,Nick.

JNM240
Car: 90 Coupe, 90 Hatch (CA18DET)

Unfortunately, no. My car still runs kinda rich, Its probably my timing. I cant just put a timing light on it anymore, so i have to bug a friend of mine who lives 45 min away to tune it by ear. I do know, however, this things blows the DOORS off my 1985 Porsche 944! And im very close to taking my older brothers 95 Mustang GT convertible (automatic). If i had to guess, im thinking in the 160-180 HP at the flywheel rage. Not to shabby for a bunch of bolt-ons! My engine has 188k miles on it, and is completely bone stock except for the Nismo cam and gear, and the new rocker arms I installed with them. IF i had the money, i'd pull the head and have it reworked, opend up a little. My bottom end is fine, although higher compression pistons wouldnt be too bad either. :D

UncleBen

so you don't think that cams would do anything in the DE? it'll do sumthin i'm sure. i mean they would have to.....well i hope they would have to. but what would be better, nismo cams or cams outa an altima/early 240?

hurddawg
Car: anything with 4 wheels.

he was just saying that because he had a SOHC car, that the info from his post is kinda useless to you because you have a DOHC. You know power, idle wise.

Yes cams can make a big difference. I had a custom cam ground at Colt Cams for my Mazda. It made about 15hp more at the wheels. Duration was 270intake/272exhaust an lift was .368 on intake .378 on exhaust, i think.

the cams from the LATER S13 (91 and newer) would help, but they don't just plop in. You need to redrill the dowel pin for correct alignment. I think I read that the exhaust cam has 10 more degrees of duration than the s14s.

probably get one from PDM (they use colt cams) or JWT. PDM has a list and description of each cam (what to expect, etc).

UncleBen

hurddawg wrote:he was just saying that because he had a SOHC car, that the info from his post is kinda useless to you because you have a DOHC. You know power, idle wise.

probably get one from PDM (they use colt cams) or JWT. PDM has a list and description of each cam (what to expect, etc).

oh, i get it. oops:thinker

aight, i'll look there.....

technoman
Car: puss

i am using the nissmo cams in my 98 240sx.i have reground the exaust cam to a higher lift and duration.248 degree on intake side exaust side is ????? im not tellin :ylsuper

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”