What kind of MPG do you get?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
ddrumman
Car: 08 FX35 39,000 mi, 07 G35 55,500 mi, 72 MGB

I use Shell, Chevron, and Mobil. 91oct Cali. Car runs great/always dealer serviced. This tank I'm gonna get somewhere around 14+ because I already have about 240 miles on the odometer. I did about 120 of these miles on the fwy.Last tank? DON'T ask. I got 187 miles. What's that? 11 to 11 and a half?Obviously most of those miles were in town with maybe 35 miles on the fwy. Also I think my front tires were low in pressure.Whatever...... It is what it is.

D.

breaksr

I get about 17 city and 22-23 highway but lately after I replaced the under plenum hoses it dropped a little. I have to drive the car some more. Usually can drive 400-420 miles on a tank of gas. The gas I use is mostly from Costco and I drive only in NC. Also the car is a little shaky at stop signs or stop lights. I believe I may be having the MAF problem.

i-Zer0
Car: 1993 Q45

My G50 avg's around 23 mpg - this is combined a/c on/off hwy/street (the hwy is mostly bumper-2-bumper stop/go anyway) - w/ 91 AZ-not-so-great (so I'm told) fuel - usually Chevron or local - now.....listen up - I have a set of magnets on the fuel lines that go to the engine - usually a vehicle can gain up to 5hp and 2 add'l mpg's - I have installed magnets on over 20 vehicles [one was even carbureted] since I learned of it back in '99 - it doesn't matter what grade is used - a difference in performance can be detected almost IMMEDIATELY - the mpg improvement takes a little longer to determine [usually about a wk of consecutive 'normal' everyday driving] - the 'mechanicals' are: as fuel passes through the abrupt magnetic field created between the attraction of the two magnets, the molecules are broken apart, resulting in more complete burning of all of them (rather than just most of them) - the refineries only 'clarify' fuel to a point - but the abrupt magnetic field breaks the mol's up even more - the dif can be felt right away - also there is less 'carbon' residual as a result of such 'more complete burning' - the less 'black stuff' (carbon residual {or unburned fuel}) the fewer the oil changes, the less accumulation on spk plgs, the less cat. replacement (as they eventually become 'packed' over time w/ the 'black stuff', resulting in costly replacement (ever try to pick up a used muffler? They are really quite heavy, compared to new, well this is why) - the less buildup in EGR circuitry (the valve gets stuck open/shut because this 'black stuff' gets in the way of the movement {which is very minute anyway} resulting in a car not starting up when you just shut it off on a warm day, or just idling way way too high) - the less of the oxy-sensor getting 'coated' w/ the 'black stuff' - the less (if not non-existent) 'sludge in the pan' - you get my point, the car feels as if it slightly turboed or something, it's phenominal - when you accelerate from a stoplight, the car just keeps going faster, and faster and faster...you have to back off the accel. pdl from normal because of the complete burning process - it doesn't eliminate all carbon, but it does most and is very noticeable - Just goto Home Depot and get the magnets that are rectangular [approx 3"x1"x1/4"] for about $2.97 - then get a small C-clamp to hold them on the lines so that they don't vibrate off - you will not only feel the engine 'actually breathe', but you will also see better mpg than what you are getting now... any vehicle, any year, any fuel-delivery configuration! I make no disclaimer, because you will see/feel for yourself - also the gov't (EPA) has done extensive testing in the early 80's - it's just another life-preserving secret that either they and/or the auto makers themselves are aware of, but not saying anything about - otherwise people's cars would be less expensive to own and would definitely last longer than they do or have, imho!

JedCoop
Car: 94 Q45t w/TCS, 92 Q45 w/TCS, 91 Q45 touring (RIP)

i-Zer0 wrote:... - it's just another life-preserving secret that either they and/or the auto makers themselves are aware of, but not saying anything about - otherwise people's cars would be less expensive to own and would definitely last longer than they do or have, imho!
I don't believe in such conspiracy theories, though I do belive that corporations can behave stupidly.

gloucester Q
Car: 90 Q

damn. i guess i'm somewhere in the middle. i just finished a roundtrip from massachusetts to north carolina and got the following

this was mostly highway, with some city and some traffic jams. my best 2 tanks were with maryland gas, worst with mass gas (no surprise there). i remember in my first q i could go 400 miles on a tank--that was great, and just a memory these days.

i-Zer0
Car: 1993 Q45

JedCoop wrote:
I don't believe in such conspiracy theories, though I do belive that corporations can behave stupidly.
The point was...j u s t t r y i t ..... ok? - thx

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”