What kind of comments have you had on your Versa?

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

I haven't had many people approach me about my car (other than my wife's coworkers, who all love it)... but I have had two random people walk up to me and comment.

#1 - at a gas station, shortly after I bought the car, I had a lady walk up and she noticed it was a Nissan model she had never seen... said she had a Nissan back in the "day" (80's) and has always loved how their small cars have felt.

#2 - Loading up my trunk at work, there was a worker from one of the nearby businesses (office complex) that said that my Versa looked really "cute", she loved the window darkness (she didn't realize I had them tinted) and loved the shape and size more than her Vibe.

What have you all run into?

electech
Car: '02 Explorer Limited, '03 Escape Limited, '07 Versa SL HB CVT, Convenience group, splash guards, flo

No real replies from anonymous folks yet. But, my parents did comment that it looked roomy but didn't look near as good as my '02 Explorer. I responded that I hoped it looked a lot better when I rolled up to the pumps!!!

craigv
Car: 2007 Versa

I have gotten several "it's so cute" 's. I knew that would happen

penpen-commander

"it tastes like the green rubber bands, but in a good way."

quoted from my best friend who apparently wasn't on his A game that day.it was the funniest thing i've heard, but in a good way.so i guess that's a comment.

cireecnop1
Car: 2007 Toyota Touring Prius w/Package#5

All my coworkers, mostly women, think that the car is "cute" they all agree that it is really roomy inside, since it looks like it would be cramped. they love the convenience package. one downside to the body 'style' is that everyone asks "is it that new Hybrid." that makes me sad, since i wanted to get one. but they can kiss my butt, at this point in time it is one of three in this town , sorry thats a little rude but hey.

rwanttaja

Mostly just, "What is that %&@#* thing?"

Ron

toby

Somebody say they wanted a hybrid? Guess you were looking to blow an extra what, $10G's for what, 4mpg more? Well, alrighty then! What I got was "Is that that Yaro by Toyota?". I smiled, and replied "No... I wouldn't buy a car that'll get blown into another lane should a motorcyle pass me. And the Toyota you're referring to is called the Yaris, not the Yaro." All I got then was a blank stare...

XterraVersa
Car: Nissan Xterra & Nismo 350Z

My 6'5" boss sat in it and wants one now for his 50 mile commute.

cireecnop1

since when is the Yaris a Hybrid? the only reason I would have bought the Prius was to get their convenience package with the backup camera smart key and bluetooth , maybe their navigation. but another part of it was to show off, I got what I wanted to get in this baby and I think it was a great choice. (dont mean to sound like I am snapping back or anything just wanted to point out why I would have gone for a Prius.)

Ever Victorious

Besides, has anyone compared the trunk of a Prius to a Versa? the Versa's trunk not only is larger, but it's actually shaped in a USABLE manner. the Prius's trunk was so short vertically I couldn't even fit my hand truck in it in the folded position!

toby

cireecnop1 wrote:since when is the Yaris a Hybrid? the only reason I would have bought the Prius was to get their convenience package with the backup camera smart key and bluetooth , maybe their navigation. but another part of it was to show off, I got what I wanted to get in this baby and I think it was a great choice. (dont mean to sound like I am snapping back or anything just wanted to point out why I would have gone for a Prius.)
Who ever said the Yaris was a hybrid? Interestingly, a guy at my job just got a Yaris, and another has had a Prius for a while. I sat in both today, as we're the only members of the small car club at the job, and wanted to check each others cars out. The Yaris is less comfortable to sit in, and the Prius (at least this one), didn't have the conveniences I've got with my SL. That said, I'm glad I didn't go for the Yaris, which reminds me of a toy car for small children, and while the guy with the Prius claims to get 40mpg regularly (and the car seems about as comfortable as my Versa), again he doesn't have the conveniences, and paid over $10,000 more for the car. Since I've gotten over 35 (even if just a smidgen), I've gotta ask what the deal is with people babbling on and on about the superiority of hybrids. $10,000 more expensive, less luxurious, 5mpg better. Somehow the Prius just doesn't stand up to the hype, in my mind at least. Versa Prius (and hybrids in general)

JeppAbando
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL

i drive from my folks home to downtown bmore 5 days a week to work for 60 miles one way. ive had mine for a week now, and out of the blue, on a 5 mile stretch after work, a guy on an toyota was giving me or my car glances, then we hit a stoplight. he just blurted out and asked, "Any problems?" i was like, " what did i Do?!" , and he said" im talking about the car!" .. Oh! and i just said, it runs fine, faster than yours even if its small, and saves me alot on gas!"

ilusha55

I had mine for 3 days and 2 people came to me with comments I also saw another versa in my town; on that moment there was a conncection between the driver of the other car and me if you know what i mean...

versula
Car: VERSA

A guy I work with is North African. When I pointed out my new car, he said "wow it looks like a Renault!" and I guess that he did not know that Renault owns a big chunk of Nissan.

Other than that, I have gotten the "This is much bigger than I thought it would be" etc. The one thing that I do think is that people assume the Versa is a whole class size than the current Sentra, which in fact it is abot the same size but much bigger on the inside. Everyone who has been inside seems shocked that it is such a nicely made car for the price and size.

Ever Victorious

Heh... I was pulling up to a client site today, and another field technician from another company (that works on copiers, not computers) pulled up at the same time. He had just seen the Versa commercial the night before, and was interested in looking at it and hearing about it.

He basically does the same job as me, but he currently uses a Mitsu Eclipse. He seemed pretty interested.

versacarl
Car: versa

Edit by moderator

Please don't spam the same post in multiple threads,Thanks.

Julz
Car: 07 Nissan Versa

Quote: " Damn !! that shopping cart really did a number on your door"

one dent, and three identical scratches spaced below it.

oh yeah, down to the metal....

happy me...

landonb16

you must be a first; any pictures?

ilusha55

Julz wrote:Quote: " Damn !! that shopping cart really did a number on your door"

one dent, and three identical scratches spaced below it.

oh yeah, down to the metal....

happy me...
man..same here although a little bit different context.

Today during Dawson college situation in montreal an ambulance passed right on the side and broke my side mirror. I didn't know what was happening until i got home and seen the whole story on CNN

Modified by ilusha55 at 5:21 PM 9/13/2006
Modified by ilusha55 at 5:21 PM 9/13/2006

BenDupre
Car: 2007 Versa SL w/CVT, 2006 Quest 3.5

DAMN! I bet I know that sinking feeling of disappointment.

I got too close behind some chick two weeks ago because there was a farmer towing a gigantic cultivator down the road. When she went to pass him, she fell off the road into the gravel and sprayed me. I can still see the rock arcing up in slow motion over my hood, bouncing once on the hood, and then hearing the thud as it hit the windshield. It left the smallest of chips. So small I don't even think I can get it filled. But now I'm paranoid about it opening up and spiderwebbing across the whole windshield.

That first ding on a brand new car is the worst feeling.

Ben

cireecnop1

thats sucks about your car. I already messed up my car. I backed into my truck while trying to parallel park in front of my house.

FlightNurse

I've had a couple of people ask me about the car and IF the interior really is as roomy as the ad says.. So I let them sit in the car, and the people have walked away very impressed..

Tony

BenzTech Gone Versa
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8SL

ive been at stop lights,gas stations and all over the place and get asked about it at leats 1 a day.its been called a baby marano/baby quest.people also said it looks like all the nissan cars had an orgy and this is the outcome.lmao.

Ever Victorious

I got the baby Quest comment from the body shop when I took it in.

Return to “Versa General Chat”