What is up with these paint shops!!!

All things Altima Coupe.
LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

Much more... thats the last hope though... after you do that, dont let him near your car! lol... IMHO... if he doesnt want to do it to manuf. specs... then push for him to sand it back to the way it came... you have your own paint gun... if you wanted a half-assed job, you coulda done it yourself (not that your a hack or anything)... and this is already the 2nd time around... idk... what i can tell you is that this is a PERFECT EXAMPLE on why you should use CREDIT for EVERYTHING on the face of the planet... and if you need 0% cards just let me kno!

dangeris
Car: 08 Code Red 3.5
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

LongBeachCoupe wrote:Much more... thats the last hope though... after you do that, dont let him near your car! lol... IMHO... if he doesnt want to do it to manuf. specs... then push for him to sand it back to the way it came... you have your own paint gun... if you wanted a half-assed job, you coulda done it yourself (not that your a hack or anything)... and this is already the 2nd time around... idk... what i can tell you is that this is a PERFECT EXAMPLE on why you should use CREDIT for EVERYTHING on the face of the planet... and if you need 0% cards just let me kno!
Well if they don't want to paint it to Stillen's specs then yes, I' will have them take off the paint and I'll take it to another "reputable" shop.

As far as the 0% cards. bring the info along with you to the NYC auto show...as well as the FOP stickers

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

I got you on the stickers man... they are on me bc of the damage to the car... anyways the link to know (i posted it in my deals thread too)http://www.ugetfreecredit.com/...x.phpbookmark that link guys... its updated daily... i know loads about credit and stuff so email me if you have any specific questions.

kyle@stillen

They are telling you EXACTLY what I said in this thread;

http://forums.altimas.org/zero...age=7

AGAIN...DO NOT LET YOUR PAINTER USE "ADHESION PROMOTER." We have been manufacturing urethane body parts for over 20 years now and I have heard painters talk about "adhesion promoters" for the entire time. URETHANE NEEDS PRIMER!!! Bottom line, end of story, that's all she wrote...TELL YOUR PAINTER TO USE PRIMER!!!!!!!!!

I built a 2005 Nissan Titan a few years ago that had a $12,000.00 custom paint job. I was on my way to a photoshoot one day when a cardboard box flew off the truck in front of me and smashed into my bumper cover. I was soooooooooo p!ssed. I pulled over and saw that the front of the truck was completely fine, but the paint had chipped off. I wasn't surprised because it had just been hit by a double thick refrigerator box (no there was no fridge inside the box haha.) I decided to go ahead and drive over to the photoshoot anyway because one of my buddies was also having his truck photographed on the same day. When I got there I noticed that even more of the paint had flaked away. I started PEELING the paint off the bumper. Without even trying the bumper was completely stripped within 20 seconds. I took it back to the painter and let him have it .

He tried giving me the same "adhesion promoter" line as all the other painters. I told him to use primer (I actually watched him spray it in the paintbooth this time.) I put the bumper back on and never had another problem...And I was well known for jumping off the freeways and going for late night desert runs (the truck had 420HP with over 16 inches of wheel travel...It was a desert truck.)

DO NOT USE "ADHESION PROMOTER" YOUR PAINTER'S MUST USE PRIMER!!!

dangeris
Car: 08 Code Red 3.5
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

kyle@stillen wrote:They are telling you EXACTLY what I said in this thread;

http://forums.altimas.org/zero...age=7

AGAIN...DO NOT LET YOUR PAINTER USE "ADHESION PROMOTER." We have been manufacturing urethane body parts for over 20 years now and I have heard painters talk about "adhesion promoters" for the entire time. URETHANE NEEDS PRIMER!!! Bottom line, end of story, that's all she wrote...TELL YOUR PAINTER TO USE PRIMER!!!!!!!!!

I built a 2005 Nissan Titan a few years ago that had a $12,000.00 custom paint job. I was on my way to a photoshoot one day when a cardboard box flew off the truck in front of me and smashed into my bumper cover. I was soooooooooo p!ssed. I pulled over and saw that the front of the truck was completely fine, but the paint had chipped off. I wasn't surprised because it had just been hit by a double thick refrigerator box (no there was no fridge inside the box haha.) I decided to go ahead and drive over to the photoshoot anyway because one of my buddies was also having his truck photographed on the same day. When I got there I noticed that even more of the paint had flaked away. I started PEELING the paint off the bumper. Without even trying the bumper was completely stripped within 20 seconds. I took it back to the painter and let him have it .

He tried giving me the same "adhesion promoter" line as all the other painters. I told him to use primer (I actually watched him spray it in the paintbooth this time.) I put the bumper back on and never had another problem...And I was well known for jumping off the freeways and going for late night desert runs (the truck had 420HP with over 16 inches of wheel travel...It was a desert truck.)

DO NOT USE "ADHESION PROMOTER" YOUR PAINTER'S MUST USE PRIMER!!!
So I guess what I'm hearing from you is for my painter NOT to use Adhesion Promoter and to USE PRIMER!...Right? Joking Kyle!

So if they take off the paint from the bumper, I would assume that they would need to sand off the adhesion promoter and down the the urethane right?

Sheesh, i feel like I need to take a day off from work to make sure that the bumper is prepped and painted correctly.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”