What is this piece of steering wheel trim called?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Ron McLeod
Car: 2018 Rogue SV AWD

I just bought a used 2018 Rogue SV AWD. The only flaw that I have found is that the chrome-on-plastic is peeling-off on the steering wheel's winged-V piece of trim.

I have a couple of questions and I was hoping that someone here may be able to help answer.
  • What is the name for this part? I've been searching for more than a hour, and can't find anywhere that it is mentioned
  • The bottom part of this piece is held in-place with clips, and I can pop it up, but the upper part seems like it is help behind the horn cover (no sure if that is the correct name). Is it safe to try and remove the horn cover in order to remove this winged-V part? I'm concerned that I have damage (or worse, trigger) the air bag mechanism.
Thanks

zukabaker
Car: 2019 Rogue SV AWD

From what I have seen that is part of the steering wheel itself not a replaceable part.

Your best solution may be to get a used wheel and swap out the part?

Found this one
https://www.ebay.com/itm/18-2018-Nissan ... Swlkhdlem7

Good luck with the search!

Ron McLeod
Car: 2018 Rogue SV AWD

Thanks for the link with a photo. Seeing that, it looks like if it is does come off, I wouldn't have to mess with the horn button/cover to get it remove it.

I think if I need to change out the steering wheel to replace this part, I'll find another way to repair it or just live with it.

Thanks again.

harryg
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Ron McLeod wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:51 pm
Thanks for the link with a photo. Seeing that, it looks like if it is does come off, I wouldn't have to mess with the horn button/cover to get it remove it.

I think if I need to change out the steering wheel to replace this part, I'll find another way to repair it or just live with it.

Thanks again.
Might be able to vinyl wrap it.

Shouldn't be too hard to remove the horn/airbag.

Return to “Rogue Forum”