On my 2004 Nissan Quest, this short (about 4") cable is connected to the frame and something else via black connector. The cable is located underneath the battery tray and appears to be some type of grounding wire. The only labelling on it is AVS-3. Sorry, I don't know how to upload pics.
Mine corroded and broke into 2 pieces, so I need a new one.
Other (related) symptoms: I've noticed one particular fuse in the cabin has been blowing regularly (I assume something was shorting out) and then my 2 year old battery died and I couldn't jump it. I took it back where I bought it and they replaced it, but said it looked like the battery was overheating. Could this faulty wire cause these symptoms?
Anyone know where I can get a new one?
Thanks for your help.