What is the one thing the next gen Z should have?

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

You're likely here because at one point in time you owned a Z.

What would you like to see in the next Z? Do you plan on ever buying another Z? If not, what would you get and why?

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

XenonSE-R wrote:You're likely here because at one point in time you owned a Z.

What would you like to see in the next Z? Do you plan on ever buying another Z? If not, what would you get and why?
A search button. :poke: :rotflmao

BusyBadger wrote:I'd fork over the extra cash for the Nismo version just so I could avoid the daytime running lights...

...provided Nissan fixed the brake ducting issue on the original NISMO trim 370Z that led to a crash, at the hands of a trade magazine no less! I'm guessing the stoppers are still Akebono instead of Brembo based on the phrase "red-color brake calipers", if they were Brembo I'm pretty sure we'd have been told. For all the "Akebonos are just as good as Brembo" folk just take a peek at what stops the GT-R. ;) And I'd like to see some details about what " revised brake system components" means (hopefully more than just the R35 fluid Nissan fed into the NISMO Z - I can do that at home). None of the Z's, not even those with the Nismo badge, have steel braided Brake lines from the factory, needs to at least be included in the sport package and should certainly come the Nismo. I see they Nissan went on the cheap and didn't stitch weld the 370 Nismo like they did the 350...seems like a lot of extra money for some stickers.

I would have also been happy to see the "Euro" rear-foglight added, instead of just a red plastic reflector in the new US model (What, don't we get fog in the US?), a MECHANICAL (clutch or helical, I don't care) LSD in the 370Z, at least in the NISMO with a price north of $40K, instead of the barely better than open diff viscous unit and a move away from the ugly combi-gauge on the left side of the cluster as well as going back to the old red and amber colour scheme instead of the bright white numbers on the tach and speedo.

Yeah, I'm a tough crowd.

I do think the new front fascia is a vast improvement over the Count Chocula look and it's nice to still see Rays making the forgies for the NISMO, at least Nissan didn't cheap up on those like they did the brakes. I better not say that too loudly, next thing I know we'll be seeing some Rotas on the 2014 Z.

I still like the Z, it's aging gracefully, and it looks like Nissan isn't neglecting it with improvements only minor enough to make those that must have the latest and greatest sign on the dotted line. I also see some off the bloat that killed of the old 300ZX creeping in to the Z and moving the car further away from the idea of the original Z.

From this thread.

RicerX

to further the smartassery - the subject of that thread is a pricing announcement for the current gen Z refresh.

:poke:

BusyBadger
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Yeah, my post was in a JFWY vein, you'd have to have been involved in that thread way back to remember it and realize that I posted in it.

In all honesty I used search to pull it up myself, using just my name and 370Z in the search field because while I remember having some gripes with the 370Z I couldn't remember specifics (besides the C&D brake failure) and needed to refresh my memory. When I did it and it showed as the second hit I thought, "Why, didn't he think of that?" So the teasing jab was spawned. :)

Still, it does list off a few of the things I'd like to see Nissan address. Truth be told I'd like to see a full on Nismo style Xterra over a rehashing of the Z.

jerryd1987
Car: 03 350z many mods inc next year

i wouldnt mind the rumored diesel, they are so retarded cheap to mod for more power lol

300ZXttZMAN
Car: 1990 300zx Twin Turbo 5 spd pearl white.

My Daily: 2008 Frontier NISMO package, 4x4 Crew Cab.

I feel like if they made it a diesel it would just be super heavy...

RicerX

300ZXttZMAN wrote:I feel like if they made it a diesel it would just not be a Z.
FTFY.

Seriously... diesel in a car like the Z... just don't see it. You get gobs of oomph off the line, but then the car falls flat on its face on the high end.

BusyBadger
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Yeah, those diesel engines are real piles of crap. :rolleyes:

I'm well aware of Mazda's issues at Daytona this year (that were only casually related to the engines), but I'm also well aware of both the potential of the engine and the success both Audi and Aston Martin have had using diesel.

jerryd1987
Car: 03 350z many mods inc next year

plenty of diesels make high end power to theres some modern day diesels that go to 6k even, its all in the build, also dosnt always mean its gotta be heavy either, lots of micro sized cars in Europe run diesels if it comes ~300 hp from the factory then ~4-5k to bump it to 600 or more is entirely feasible.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”