What is the best wax to use ?

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
Hookm36
Car: 2004 G35 coupe

I have decided that I should apply a nice wax job to my car, but wanted to know if there was a wax brand that anyone has used, and absolutely recomends it ?

feedback is greatly appreciated.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

The best wax is not a wax.

Zaino is awesome. http://www.zaino.com, enjoy!

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

I use mother's products. I am happy with the result.

zozoka

SVTCOBRA
Car: 2018 Q60 AWD 2023 F150 4x4 5.0 FX4

Zaino here too!!

SnakeHandler

smockers83
Car: 2006 G35 Coupe

the zaino link doesn't work...i get a site that says the domain is parked and asking me to register a domain? Do we have an IT help desk? I know my Internet but a parked domain...haven't heard of that one.

SVTCOBRA

try

http://www.zainostore.com/

Here's the guy I get my zaino thru

http://www.zainocharlotte.com/

Road Ruler
Car: G35 sedan prem

The July 06 issue of Consumer Reports had a review of 28 different car waxes/polishes.

Number 4 from the top of the list was 3m's Perfect-it Show Car Liquid Wax 39026

Consumers highly praised it for it's durabilty ( length of time the car's surface will bead) and it's ease of use.

It showed excellent for gloss, and cleaning.

It showed good for scratching/hazing and compatability with plastic.

I found that I could order this wax from UAP auto stores which I did. It cost about $18. out the door in Canada.

I am impressed with the product. It has been 7 months since I used the product on my G and it still looks great and beads like the day I applied it. Note I wash the car often and keep it garaged when not on the road.I would recommend this to any one who is interested in a long lasting durable polish for their G's.

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

Road Ruler wrote:The July 06 issue of Consumer Reports had a review of 28 different car waxes/polishes.

Number 4 from the top of the list was 3m's Perfect-it Show Car Liquid Wax 39026
So what was rated at 1, 2, and 3?

Personally, I use Eagle One's nanowax. Works well as a wax, but have 2 distinct advantages. First, it's dustless when you wipe off after letting it haze. It does require a good deal of microfiber towels as the residue gets caked on, but will not leave dust allover your freshly waxed car. This is particularly great on dark colored cars.

Secondly, it does not show up on plastic. Particularly, black unpainted plastic and rubber trim pieces. So you can be fairly messy on application without worrying about wax that shows up on your black or dark trim pieces.

I recently use a little to fill in scratches on my mom's frontier as well (my dad had the bright idea of removing egg from the paint with a SOS pad). I buffed with rubbing compound as much as I could with an orbital buffer(don't have a rotary) but the scratches were still quite apparent, but better. Applied some nanowax, and it did a fairly decent job of filling. you can still see them from within a few feet of the car, but these scratches are pretty deep. Some of the scratches may be beyond the clearcoat.

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Do the Zaino treatment...it takes forever, but so does the polish. I just did mine this weekend...9hrs of work. Wash, dry, claybar, wash, dry, wax, wax, Z6 treatment, wax...

Warpkor
Car: 2005 G35 6MT

I've never been a big fan of waxes. They look nice for a short period of time, perhaps a couple of months and then the protection is gone. I've had bird poop lift the paint off my car before with waxes. For the last 10 years, I've used Maguires #20 Polymer Paint Sealant exclusively. It's takes quite a bit more elbo grease to use but is well worth it. It lasts longer than anything I've tried in the past and the Sacramento, CA heat and gnarly pollution will pound car finishes unless they are protected. I can only find it now in automotive paint shops.

SVTCOBRA

Liquid1. Black Magic Wet Shine LIQ Wax2. Turtle Wax Carnauba Car Wax T-63. Eagle One NanoWax

They also rated Pastes and Sprays

Looks like they checked products available at stores only, so Zaino would not have been tested - since available only via internet.

Meguiar's Gold Class was 6th. I used to use it til Zaino.

Consumer Reports goes on to say that these days Wax and Polish are used interchangeably in the market place - that they used to be two distinct products.

I know from experience that I can get more cars polished/waxed with Zaino in a day than I can with what I used to use.

I also know that Meguirs Scratch-X works great on acid rain spots!!

Onslaught31
Car: '03 G35 Sedan

Hey guys,

I detail cars as a side job (mainly to get my hands on cars I'll never be able to afford ), as far as durability, get something made from carnauba wax. By far the most durable. If you want something that gives it the extra sparkle though, apply something like Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax on top of the carnauba.

http://www.meguiars.com/?liqui...h-Wax

Just find the perfect combination of ease and quality to fit your standards!

kdfja1

1 more for ZAINO!!! woot get their soap also it doesnt take off the wax. really nice product ... <<< vouche>>>

Road Ruler
Car: G35 sedan prem

C-Kwik wrote:
So what was rated at 1, 2, and 3?
Good question but I can't recall. Each wax was rated for a number of characteristics..... Shine intensity, durability ( how long will it bead water) ease of use, ability to clean surface etc. Because I only wanted to wax my car twice a year durability and ease of use was big on my priority list. The 3m product works very well for what I want it to do. The top 3 products may have had a slight more gloss, or had more cleaning ability on faded surfaces. That was not a big issue for me.

marks05cp
Car: 2005 G35 6mt coupe

Several "pro" detailers recomended Zumoil. Tried it, worked great!

Hookm36
Car: 2004 G35 coupe

I appreciate all of your advice and help. Before i had a BMW and the paint was so awesome and flawless that i never had to wax it. I sold it and got the G35 about a month 1/2 ago, and the coat is not as shiny or smooth. Im looking to bring it to a nice smooth shine and not a textured feel. At the same time I think 4 hours is long enough to spend on completing the job. Im the type that will not stop until it is complete, although currently I dont have more than 4 hrs a day to complete due to very busy schedule.

i havent made up my mind which one to do this saturday, but I will post pics once complete !...before and after !

thanks

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

sounds good and looking forward to see the changes

zozoka

Onslaught31
Car: '03 G35 Sedan

From what you're saying Hookm, you're looking to restore the finish back to perfection, which wax won't do by itself. Here's what I do on the cars I detail, even cars that are years old, it gets them to a glass-like perfect finish.

1. Wash/scrub car (use only microfiber products to avoid scratches)2. Dry car throroughly to avoid water spots (water spots cause minerals to build up and destroy the feel and look of the finish).3. Use a detailing spray as a lubricant for a bar of clay. Many brands sell them, just want something liquid that also polishes. The clay is the one step most people miss, that's the step you're looking for. Using the clay alone does more than a good wax. However, takes alot of elbow grease (probably add another 2 hours just for the clay).4. Either wash again, or use a liquid cleaner wax.5. Apply a carnauba based wax6. Finally, apply a polish or top wax. Such as the Meguiars I mentioned before.

Total time: 4-6 hours. It gets quicker once you get the method down flat. Step 4 is the only step that you could really skip and still have the good results. Feel free to message me for list of products, and detailed steps if you're interested.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”