What is that light under my fuel gauge?

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
zatch37
Car: 350z 2005 black

Haha just kidding guys.....
PalmerWMD wrote:Fred..

PS: It says arlington WA in your sig? is that a typo? cuz if its arlington VA ,you should meet with our Baltimore group, we have meets all the time.
Nope im in washington.. near seattle i wish i could meet some guys up here.... anyway i was wondering if someone could reply to this and tell me ( us) what is the best middle and cheapest mod you can do for our cars like .... turbos, exaust, CAI, ect... i think that would be really neat to see. "ps i did see freds post "read this before moding" but it would be nice o see a list of company parta. Im getting ready to mod the heck out of my car but not really sure what to do... i mean i know what i want to do ..just not sure what part would be the best....or whatever. Also what is that "thingy" under our names that say like "looks stock runs 8"s" i mean i figure that its how many postes you do but what is the range to get a better name....hmmm what else do i want to ask...i guess it will have to wait untill next time... oh i do have a stupid question... what does NISMO stand for .. i saw it awhile ago.. i know its like " nissan international .. "i forget thanks for any help guys.

NISTECH

I will let Fred handle the mod questions. I think they broke down at one point how the thing under your name changes in nissan general chat. NISMO stands for Nissan Motorsports.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Zatch:

Tell em what your budget is and what your goals are ( keep in mind costs always have a habit of creeping up as one mod seems to cause another)

Fred..

350zQ45a
Car: 350Z, Q45A

I can't wait for the response on this one :P

PalmerWMD

The car is definetly a good value.Were else can you buy a spaorts car that looks this good and whoese style will look fresh even years from now...

Yes its hard to get alot of improvemtn for mods.

Then again search for SPL here on the nico350z section and you will find they cracked 12.99 in quarter with bolt ons.

Thats an exception tho generall forced induction turbo or supercvharger is the only immdeiate way for a significant power improvement.

Like I asked.. Whats the budget and the goals..

Fred..

350zQ45a

Yea and how much did they pay

12.99 isnt that impressive for all the money they spent.

The Z is a good value at under 30,000

Why do you think it was bashed upon when they revied the 30th anniversary edition. Nearly 40k for a car that finished last on the track.

Once you do all those mods, the car quickly becomes not such a great deal.

You do get more with a more expensive car.

That's why im not spending a dime on this Z, and will buy a GTR.

100x the car, no matter what you do to a Z

350zQ45a

If the Z came from the factory with FI it would be a different ball game, but it doesn't. It comes with an Altima engine that will go kaboom when you boost it (eventually)

Thats why the Toyota supra is still 10x the car the Z is. Better stock numbers in every category, even though its over 10 years old. Infinitie tuning ability, an engine that doesnt sound like its going to explode at high rpms (inline goodness)

The Z is great, and really the only car to me worth buying for anything near the money. It still has a ton of weaknesses, and really can't compete with the big dogs, unless you spend the money of the big dogs.

When you compare it to an RX8 yea its a helluva car. When you spend the money and make it as expensive as a BMW or porsche, then it's just sort of geigh

350zQ45a

There is a great post from another forum member that he was nice enough to post up here, it's probably the best modding post on the Z ive read.

He spent a fortune on his Z, and still loves it. I guess if you can swallow that kind of expenditure, good for you.

Personally I would rather use the money to upgrade to a better car.

zatch37
Car: 350z 2005 black

you see i can spend 50k on the car.... or i could spend 10k its just money to me... i mean yeah i should just save it for the gtr..but i will get one of those as well...so yeah anywho i just wanted to know 3 from each cat/

PalmerWMD

Ryan, please dont be so negative about our car..

Also many many 350Z's have been running forcved induction for many miles with no problems at all.

Its just that aguy who just blew an engine is more likely to post than someone who is enjoytign troublefree miles.

Fred..

hatebobbarker
Car: 350z, 240sx(for sale)

if you want a supra instead of a Z get it, should be cheaper.

the only thing a supra excels at is high dyno numbers, im not interested in dynos

Amuse350z
Car: 2003 350z

hatebobbarker wrote:if you want a supra instead of a Z get it, should be cheaper.

the only thing a supra excels at is high dyno numbers, im not interested in dynos
haha soo true. goes back to that sayin...whats the diff between a 1200hp supra and a 400hp supra? nuthin they both run 12s.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”