What is it worth????

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
Mr.WideBody
Car: Gaming, and cars

Or maybe better stated, what would you pay for it?I'd like to know what you guys think.Supposidly it has 1000k miles on all the mods etc. I have no experience with 510s but am looking to get one and start modding as they seem to be the best platform out.He also states it has about 200 hp, which when reading out of a L16 would be very hard to do. He says he's gone to the mid-night drags etc. and has never lost even w/o using the NOS. Won a trophy at the track (prolly cause of the handling) so I dunno... I like the car, prolly go with an engine swap and try to get 300rwhp.

Engine modifications:-Car Tech Turbocharger-NOS-Lightened flywheel-racing clutch-Mallory electronic ignition-280z 5-speed tranny-4-1 header-2 1/2" exhaust-aluminum radiator-HKS carbon fiber exhaust-aftermarket front and rear sway bars-tokiko shocks Interior: -black-bucket seats-roll bar-new carpet-full guages-Keyless entry/alarm

Exterior:-New pearl White paint-Wide body-Shaved door handles and antenna

What do you think? he says he has 20k in reciepts!!! What would you pay for it?

okayfine

Without seeing more pictures, all of them in focus, it would be hard to put an accurate value on the car. I'd say $8K-9K if everything is done well.

However, if you have big HP plans, why start with a (relatively) finished car that you'll have to redo. 300WHP in a 510 is a huge number, and it takes a lot of other work besides the engine to have a car capable of handling that power. Dumping a bunch of money into a finished car that you're going to take apart seems pointless. Find a roller and go to town.

Mr.WideBody
Car: Gaming, and cars

mmm other than swaping the engine tranny and rear end, stiffening the frame up, i thought this would be a good start, what more besides that would i need to do? I'm just reading through all the forums trying to figure out what engine to go with... the way i look at it, I love the pearl white, the wide body etc... so seems like a good start... what am i not taking into consideration? I know the s15 det from japan is 250 stock, so with a few mods you could easily do 300 hp with that, right? anyways thanks and more people post, what would you pay for this?

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

S13 SR20DET with a GT25R turbo .64AR, 256 step 1 cams, and 555cc injectors. There you have a 340rwhp settup that will have great response.

If you want to go a little cheaper get an S15 turbo on an S13 motor, injectors, and maybe cams (if you want) and you have a solid 300rwhp settup.

Don't waste your money on the S14 or S15SR, for your goals the S13 is the best settup.

Paul

okayfine

Crank HP is much different than wheel HP. With the U-joints all through the driveline, it represents about a 20% loss from the crank HP rating.

As to the car, the driveline is expensively completed. You'll be pulling that out and attempting to sell it. It'll probably bring on the order of $.10 on the dollar, for mostly the same reason you're looking at a different motor: Why spend $4000 on a trick, turbo L-16 when you can get an SR front clip for the same money?

You'll also need hugely-upgraded brakes, wheels/tires (to fit over said brakes), and major suspension improvements. What works with stock weight and 150HP shies quickly in the face of a planned 300WHP and additional front-end weight.

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”