What Insurance do you have?

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
sflkouki
Car: Nissan 240sx 95 se

Im gettin a R-33 Gts-t soon and im wondering what insurance do you people have and how much you pay thanks

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Cigna $400.00 a year

Vkoslak
Car: 1992 240SX SE rb26dett, 2004 Subaru Forester

wow, thats reasonable, I pay more than that for my 300zx tt.

sflkouki

themadscientist wrote:Cigna $400.00 a year
Do you have a website to check it out thanks

Akihisa
Car: 300zx, Italjet Formula 50Lc, Italjet Dragster 180

I think he lives in Japan.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Japan. Over here a Skyline is considered a normal car so insurance is cheap.

sflkouki

o0o .. Anybody here in the US have insurance on there skyline if yea what company and how much ?

sflkouki

I need some info???? im gonna make this car street legal and everything and the last thing is to get a insurance quote to be 100% street legal with no problems..

One_Love
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx

hhmm you know you just cant go to your insurance company and expect them to cover it, They dont even have the car in their systemYOu have to buy a policy from them and tell them how big you want the policy. Keep in mind if you pay lets say, 10k for your skyline, i would insure it for a 20k car. The car aint cheap if you wreck it.

choi0706

R34 GTR Vspec.. state farm

sean8564
Car: 1993 GTR Vspec, 1991 300zx TT Black , 1993 Nissan Silvia, 1990 Nissan 240sx Coupe RB25DET

sflkouki wrote:I need some info???? im gonna make this car street legal and everything and the last thing is to get a insurance quote to be 100% street legal with no problems..
who are you buying from do not trust import of america in panama city they have ripped many of there customers off with bad cars as well as there supplier in japan

sflkouki

Im been planning to buy a skyline from http://www.skyline-imports.com/.. has anybody done deal with them?? but i have been lookin at your R32 GTR you have for sale .. does the price include the custom taxes+ everything else you need to leave the port?

One_Love

bro that site just screams SCAM. It has a poor layout, "skyline-imports". and bad quality pics.

You do know the persone above (sean8564) imports skylines.

sflkouki

One_Love wrote:bro that site just screams SCAM. It has a poor layout, "skyline-imports". and bad quality pics.

You do know the persone above (sean8564) imports skylines.
Oh yeah i been looking at taka skyline .. the R32 GTR for 15k is good price just need to know if that including all the port taxes..?

One_Love

it says 15k shipped but im not sure. Email them.

takaramotors
Car: Nissan Skyline PCG10 GTR

yes it did but it is sold as well all i have now are GTST and I can order a GTR for you jsut ask semir how the process goes

Iheartmy240sx

sflkouki wrote:Im been planning to buy a skyline from http://www.skyline-imports.com/.. has anybody done deal with them?? but i have been lookin at your R32 GTR you have for sale .. does the price include the custom taxes+ everything else you need to leave the port?
They don't have a phone number in their contacts

One_Love

Iheartmy240sx wrote:They don't have a phone number in their contacts
you got your answer

BLKTOPS14SR
Car: 1998 Nissan 240SX SE Kouki
1971 Buick Skylark 455Buick big block
1970 Cutlass Holiday Coupe
2002 Ford F-150 XLT
1972 Chevy Cheyenne

One_Love wrote:you got your answer
Sky-kit.com 1-941-276-1082 give them a call.? I'm thinking about selling my S14 and everything I have for it to buy a R32 GTS-T and can't afford getting ripped off! I've emailed these guys and they replied back. They also deal with Capital One Auto Finance to finance a Skyline or S15.?? I don't know how legit it is.??

slowlyevolving
Car: Evo VIII MR

I also emailed sky-kit about getting a R34 and they emailed me back with about 10-15 R34's that met the category that I indicated on there inquiry form. I saw they have that capital one finance link on there site but, I'm still a little unsure of how legit they maybe. I found a guy on another forum that said he got his car from them, it comes as "parts", and he was in the process of putting it together. I asked him for pics and he said he would get them to me when he got the chance. I don't want to say he is lying but, I would like some solid proof so that I will know for sure.

BTW, does anyone with a skyline recommend any insurance companies besides State Farm and Progressive?
Modified by slowlyevolving at 5:11 PM 7/28/2006

BLKTOPS14SR
Car: 1998 Nissan 240SX SE Kouki
1971 Buick Skylark 455Buick big block
1970 Cutlass Holiday Coupe
2002 Ford F-150 XLT
1972 Chevy Cheyenne

Them are the only two that I've seen.

With Sky-kit you can have them re-assemble your car or they will do it. If they do it, it's alittle more but less hassle.

SirSilvia
Car: Sold both my babies

slowlyevolving wrote:... I found a guy on another forum that said he got his car from them, it comes as "parts", and he was in the process of putting it together...
I heard that it may not be able to come to the us as a car, but as parts its ok. I think its because its less hassle goin through customs.I might have them reassemble it though, so it can be complete.But I'd like to put mine back together. (could cleanit up and learn alot about the car) plus it'd give me something to do.

slowlyevolving

SirSilvia wrote:I heard that it may not be able to come to the us as a car, but as parts its ok. I think its because its less hassle goin through customs.I might have them reassemble it though, so it can be complete.But I'd like to put mine back together. (could cleanit up and learn alot about the car) plus it'd give me something to do.
Well, if you go through them, please keep us informed because I am sure that I'm not the only one in the market for a skyline. I haven't heard any bad things about someone working with them. I just have my doubts They sent me an excel spreadsheet that came in the email with all the picks they sent of the R34 that fit the criteria of what I want. It had the prices and everything. So I am hoping that they are legit.

kim
Car: 90 240sx, 97 M3

SirSilvia wrote:I heard that it may not be able to come to the us as a car, but as parts its ok. I think its because its less hassle goin through customs.I might have them reassemble it though, so it can be complete.But I'd like to put mine back together. (could cleanit up and learn alot about the car) plus it'd give me something to do.
If you have it as parts then you will never be able to register it as road use vehical. Any one who is telling you that you can reassemble it here in the US is lying to you or they don't know what they are talking about. I have a close friend down in Japan and says he could get me a GTS R32 for $2000-3000 fixed-up and Shipping would be $3000 but only as non-rgisterable car, if it were that easy I would have already done it. Not only that but US customs says any car that does not pay import car tax is illegal here so it will never be able to be registered. If your paying for parts tax instead of whole car tax don't even bother.

slowlyevolving

kim wrote:
If you have it as parts then you will never be able to register it as road use vehical. Any one who is telling you that you can reassemble it here in the US is lying to you or they don't know what they are talking about...
Not to say that your lying but, there are a few people in the US now with skylines that get them as "parts" and reassemble them and register them as "kit cars". Once they are registered as a "kit car", depending on the state they live in, they can drive them all night and day if they so choose. Read what this guy did with his FD. Importing Story It's worth the reading if you haven't already read it.

(Sorry for being off topic). I am still curious if anyone (most likely military) has used USAA to insure they're skyline?

kim
Car: 90 240sx, 97 M3

Well there are already FDs here in the US I don't see it being so difficult as doing a skyline. As one person said "insurence co's dont' have them on the computer" policies are tailored for this car. Anyways, I don't think its difficult to bring a skyline to the US I think the hard part is registering it to use as a road car, as I said earlier it if's illegally here they they will never let you register it. In the post that you reffered me to the person that broght in the FD didn't finish with the registration yet only importation. Maybe as a kit car it is possible to be truthfull I have not look at this senerio, but I doubt this will work since it not really a kit car and the manufacture will not back it up as a kit car.

One_Love

FDs are easier though, we already got UDSM ones.

drft5redemption
Car: 91 Toyota Supra

you guys quarrel waayyy too much about this. and by the way kim. my friend. yes someone i know first hand not a third party story. has a a white r33 gtst and an r33 gtr in florida that sent the cars over as parts and registered them as kit cars. because in florida you can practically register anything. and the companies in business here get you florida titles. and after that its as simple as transferring the title to your state. as far as the insurance goes. you may take out a premium for the value of your "grey market" car and then chose the amount you want to insure it up to. its not 100 percent legal but if you want something bad enough like some do. we arent littlle worry wart whiners who sweat the small details. so before you bash and criticize do your homework and find out all the facts. thanks

cirwin

Do you by any chance know what the total fees he paid were? I live in Washington state, and it appears that I can register a kit car no questions asked here so long as it was previously registered in another state. Otherwise I have to get SAE certed bumper, DOT certed glass and MPH conversion.

EDIT

That is so long as a VIN is created for the car. A VINless kit car still has to go through the other registration in Washington, as far as I can tell.
drft5redemption wrote:you guys quarrel waayyy too much about this. and by the way kim. my friend. yes someone i know first hand not a third party story. has a a white r33 gtst and an r33 gtr in florida that sent the cars over as parts and registered them as kit cars. because in florida you can practically register anything. and the companies in business here get you florida titles. and after that its as simple as transferring the title to your state. as far as the insurance goes. you may take out a premium for the value of your "grey market" car and then chose the amount you want to insure it up to. its not 100 percent legal but if you want something bad enough like some do. we arent littlle worry wart whiners who sweat the small details. so before you bash and criticize do your homework and find out all the facts. thanks

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”