What ecus are interchangeable with my 1997 j30?

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
J30 chance

I have a 97 j30 I bought that has been setting for over a year. When I got the car home I found the 20 amp fuse for the ignition switch blown. I replaced the fuse and the car started right up but didn't want to Rev when I pushed the gas pedal. So I just assumed the gas was probably bad so I siphoned the gas from the tank and blew air back down the return to get all the old gas out of the inlet side of the fuel lines. Ever since then my car won't start. I've checked the fuel pressure before the regulator and I've got 60 psi. It's like the car wants to start but only back fires out the intake like it's out of time. I've checked the timing marks and compression. I've checked for spark and it's good. When I checked for spark I noticed there was a lot of gas on the plugs so I'm assuming it's getting gas. I'm at my wits end here so any help would be great.

fourdrinie
Car: 97 J30

clean the MAF and its connectors....it's amazing what problems that thing will cause

J30 chance

Thank you. i will try it tonight.

J30 chance

So I checked the mass air flow sensor and it doesn't make any difference. It's like the car wants to start but it just back fires out the intake. The car started and ran until I changed out the gas. Does the ecu get its inputs for the ignition timing from the cam and mass air flow sensor?

fourdrinie
Car: 97 J30

did you clean the MAF and it's connectors? or just check to see if they were tight?
stalling-stalling-stalling-t609384.html
check out the post above....use MAF cleaner and spray down the inside of the MAF and use sandpaper to roughen up the connector contacts or alcohol to clean them...they can cause problems if not clean

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”