What does a Fusa knot mean?

NICO's V.I.P. styling forum.
senatorX
Car: Y34 Gloria

Can someone tell me what the big knot rope thing is on the rear view mirror. I don't wanna sound stupid, it's just that I just got into this VIP scene about a month ago and I learn more about the VIP culture on this forum more than any other forum. Also it seems that evryone here is alot more willing to help out than the other forums thanks guys!!!

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Welcome to NICO and the VIP Forum.

Here's what I could find.

Fusa=Decorative knots of different colors, length of 90.5 in and weight of 55 lbs, hanging from the corners of Tsuriyane according to inter cardinal points; symbolizing four seasons and four gods who protect the inviolability of the Dohyo. Until 1952 Tsuriyane was held up by the Shihon-bashira; grammatically correct form of the word is fusa which changes to busa when a prefix is added, see aka-busa, ao-busa, kuro-busa, shiro-busa, mizuhikimaku, agemaki.

BLACKonBLACK98
Car: Q45, LS400, STS-V

the fusa and tsuna are adopted from japanese religious temples/ceremonies. basically boils down to fusa is a symbol of good fortune and tsuna is a symbol of protection.

be careful who you praise and where you get your info from. a lot of people might seem helpful but if they don't know what they're talking about it's not much of a service. nico has a long way to go before it can be considered a real resource.

senatorX

BLACKonBLACK98 wrote:the fusa and tsuna are adopted from japanese religious temples/ceremonies. basically boils down to fusa is a symbol of good fortune and tsuna is a symbol of protection.

be careful who you praise and where you get your info from. a lot of people might seem helpful but if they don't know what they're talking about it's not much of a service. nico has a long way to go before it can be considered a real resource.
Thanks for the heads-up

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

BLACKonBLACK98 wrote:the fusa and tsuna are adopted from japanese religious temples/ceremonies. basically boils down to fusa is a symbol of good fortune and tsuna is a symbol of protection.

That's why we are trying to build. NICO is a great resource in general, the VIP sub-forum is small, but growing.

burgy240
Car: 2000 Q45 Ann. Edition Blk on Blk

jltibbs wrote:
That's why we are trying to build. NICO is a great resource in general, the VIP sub-forum is small, but growing.
True, the VIP forum has a long way to go...but at least it is heading in the right direction.

senatorX

burgy240 wrote:True, the VIP forum has a long way to go...but at least it is heading in the right direction.
So how's the Bippu scene out there in Texas? It's realy growing out here in Hawaii. Alot of clean,caliber cars out here!

Haitian_King
Car: 1992 Black Infiniti Q45 /w TCS
1995 Black Infiniti Q45

senatorX wrote:
So how's the Bippu scene out there in Texas? It's realy growing out here in Hawaii. Alot of clean,caliber cars out here!
From what I hear, "bippu" gets you flamed.

senatorX

what do you mean, "flamed?" Like if I refer to VIP as Bippu people will get mad?
Haitian_King wrote:
From what I hear, "bippu" gets you flamed.

Haitian_King
Car: 1992 Black Infiniti Q45 /w TCS
1995 Black Infiniti Q45

senatorX wrote:what do you mean, "flamed?" Like if I refer to VIP as Bippu people will get mad?
Precisely. When this sub forum first got started, there was a a bit of a dust up about that word.

Me personally? I could care less about the word and how to pronounce it. I was just giving you the heads up since you're new and all.

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

senatorX wrote:what do you mean, "flamed?" Like if I refer to VIP as Bippu people will get mad?
It's nothing major. 'Bippu' is more of the way it (VIP) is supposedly pronounced. From what I know, it doesn't even sound like that, that was just the closest thing anyone could come up with to put it in writing.

Basically, if you just say, or in this case type, 'VIP', all will be well. It's stupid, but it keeps the dust settled lol.
burgy240 wrote:True, the VIP forum has a long way to go...but at least it is heading in the right direction.
And with the likes of members we have here, I'd say we'll continue to grow at a steady rate. Not saying anyone is better than the next by any means, but, I will personally address the fact that I am grateful to see PANCAKES! posting more.

senatorX

WOW, thanks for the heads up. In Hawaii that word is used ALOT!!! People pput lisence plates and stickers about that word, and yes.... it's refering to the weay Japanese people pronounce VIP so where I'm from it's nothing. But here I will respect, you know what they say "when in ROme, do as the Romans do."
Haitian_King wrote:
Precisely. When this sub forum first got started, there was a a bit of a dust up about that word.

Me personally? I could care less about the word and how to pronounce it. I was just giving you the heads up since you're new and all.

PANCAKES1
Car: 1999 Infiniti Q45T

Bippu

Bippu is only used because that's how it's explained to be sounded in Japanese. Bippu isn't a "real" word. In Japan you would probably get laughed at depended on who you say it to, but like everything else, WHO CARES! Jus don't take that word that seriously. Bippu & VIP are getting throwin around more and more these days as the term of the new "Cool" word. Still, cracks me up sometimes though hahahaha

As far as the Fusa goes, in short, the Fusa was a symbol/good luck charm the Japanese use to hang on boats and what not back in the day (I wanna say the 1800s). Now a days people jus rock them for the looks and because that's what they see in the mags and pics of "VIPcars". Rockin a Fusa don't make you "VIP" or anything more than the next dude.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

In the 70's, it was called macrame.

'Cakes, the Q is lookin' goooooood!

Return to “VIP Forum”