What do you guys think about the '05 Altima?

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
DianaR

Especially, the V4 vs. V6. I have a '96 Max, and hubby and I are seriously thinking of buying a new Altima. I wonder how low we could get the price down by paying cash, too.

Any thoughts good or bad?

Thx!

NISTECH

The altima is a great replacement for the ole max. The key is when you hit the lot and look at the monronie[ the sticker in the window] The monronie is a one peice display. If there is a sticker next to it that is not part of the monronie. That is dealers asking price or mark up. Sometimes it includes added parts some times it just a flat mark up. I would start by pointing out the MSRP on the monronie and state that is where you would like to base negotiations on the car. since your coming out of a VQ powered max I would stick with the VQ powered altima.[V6] It is a very comparable car feature wise to your old max. I suggest your drive both a 4 cyl and a 6 cyl to get the feel for differences. During your test drive of both be sure to enter the highway to get a feel for its acceleration. This will give you a better idea of the cars response and power. The car is one of the better models nissan has out right now. Also it is the most established of the new models. Meaining its had a few yrs to work out the new model bugs.

Ty SE-R_92B13
Car: 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R, 2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE, 2001 Ford F-150 SCrew 4x2 Lariat

I love our 2005 3.5 SE. The I-4 QR25 model is nice but it doesn't hold a candle to the performance of the V-6 VQ35. Get the 3.5 and you won't be disappointed. My wife has driven her parents '02 Altima 2.5S a few times and couldn't wait to get back in the 3.5.

I paid ~$25K last October and got ~$18K for an '02 Pathfinder SE 4WD in trade. I may have been able to do better, but I left the dealer happy (and still am).

06ALTSE-R
Car: BLACK 2006 ALTIMA SE-R

THE 05 ALTIMA IS A BEAST, I JUST GOT OUT OF A 02 ECLIPSE V-6 AND INTO THE 06 ALTIMA SE-R. ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW! THE QUALITY IN WORK AND THE PURE POWER THAT THE ENGINE HAS IS AMAZING. MY WIFE AND I WERE SO IMPRESSED WITH THE NISSAN LINE UP WE BOTH GOT NEW NISSANS. SHE GOT THE 05 MURANO SL. BUT I WOULD DEFINATLY GET THE 3.5.

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”