what do u think of the o4 max??!!

Discuss topics related to the VQ series engine.
nlzmo400r
Car: cars

if we have any owners, or test drivers or wahtever, just want to know opinions of the new maxima, lets get this forum rolling again

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

I don't like the front grill of them nor the mo-hawk sun roof. I like the bump in horsepower however. I think that the altima will be taking over the maxima's spot unless nissan truly unveals a v8 version of today's maxima of some kind

nlzmo400r

i never thought aobut a v8 maxima, but they already hvae the m45 and q45, and that would up the price so much, itd be ridiculous, and i don tthink the altima will steal TOO much of the maximas spot light, the maxima is bigger and pretty much a little bit nicer in every way, so i think they will both hold their own, we need to get some more spec V sales, but thre o4s are uglier than the o3s!!

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

Rumors are the next generation of the maxima will recieve the VH motor.

nlzmo400r

i dont think thatd be a good idea, then u have alteast 3 cars with the v8, which will make the maxima even more expensive than it already is, i say keep the 6

ceasars chariot
Car: Drag Racing

its a nice luxury car i thought

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

You mean luxury sports car. Since its just as luxurious as all those cushy (and crappy in my opinion) Lexus'es out there, but with more power, better handling, more class, infinitely better looks, and a lower price. For the price, even Acura and those tricky Bavarians can't come close. As to the comment about the Altima stealing sales from the Maxima, don't worry. The two cars target very different demographics (though there are a lot of us who would like both). The Altima is aimed more at the Accord/Camry crowd (full size sedans with L-4 standard, V-6 optional) than at Maxima-buyer-types.

I have to agree with nlzmo400r. The v8 would make it too expensive. But even more than that, it would destroy what makes the Maxima a Maxima. I think the best route for the next Maxima would be the VQ40. Or maybe not quite that much of a step up...say a VQ38 like the Z33 GT-R has or something. But since the 40 is already established (sort of), that would be the most reliable and cost-effective way to do things.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I think that offering the Maxima with the V8 wouldn't be that big of a deal. As long as they continue offering the VQ35 as well. I personally love the new Maxima. Give the people the option of which engine they want in it. The option may help increase sales a little too. It seems like the Maxima has jumped up out of the Camry Accord class where I think it has actually been and that the Altima has really taken over that spot in the class. The Maxima is kind of in an in between class in my opinion. It doesn't have the luxury brand name of Infiniti, lexus, BMW and Mercedes, but I think that that is actually where the car belongs. It may take another year or two for the Maxima to really settle into a class that makes it marketable. It is too nice of a car to compare to the Camry and Accord, but it just doesn't seem to match up with the BMW 3 or 5 series yet, mostly in name recognition. I think that the new design takes away some of the sportiness of the older models and adds a little more class and refinement. It will be tough selling a Nissan for the price of an Infiniti or BMW.

madbouncy
Car: 93 Mazda RX7 R1

I definitly degree that it be a good idea to give people an option to put a v8 into the maxima. It always seemed weird to me that nissan doesn't offer any v8s. I'd rather have a v8 through nissan without all the luxury stuff than have to go up to infiniti and pay for all the extra crap I wouldn't want. Though I was wondering, can you really have a fwd v8? It seems like it would be hard as **** to get it in there sideways and have room for the transmission. Though I know it's been done and I'm sure nissan can pull it off, wonder how much room there'd be for other stuff without pushing the engine too far forward.

*edit* I meant v8s in cars

Return to “VQ30DE / VQ35DE / VQ35HR Forum”