what do u think of my suspension???

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
tupac03602

this is what im thinking about doin for my suspension: eibach pro kit springs all around /w kyb agx adjustible gas struts. i think this will work out fine, but i was wondering what u ppl think and if i should replace anything else while im at it???:confused:

Drift Machine
Car: 1991 KA-T 240sx

I got KYB AGXs with Sportlines. They are pretty good for the dollar. But like everyone will tell you, they aren't as good as a true coilover setup. But definately get some swaybars too if you have some extra money right now.

tupac03602

so they should work pretty fine is what ur sayin? well thats good news, so what kinds of swaybars should i get/is good. ill b usin the search button to help find out but if ne one can give me advice that b phat. what about my bushings? should i replace them and if so with stock or should i find a polyurethane bushin set?

Top Speed Coupe
Car: Cars

What do u mean a TRUE coil over setup? U got an example?

Drift Machine

Sorry, true probably wasn't the best word to use. But I was talking about TEIN and setups like that.

Drift Machine

tupac03602 wrote:so they should work pretty fine is what ur sayin? well thats good news, so what kinds of swaybars should i get/is good. ill b usin the search button to help find out but if ne one can give me advice that b phat. what about my bushings? should i replace them and if so with stock or should i find a polyurethane bushin set?

Yeah, they should work pretty well. I'm actually really happy with mine, I just wished I went with a little more advanced setup. Anyways, I got my swaybars from http://www.optauto.com they were about 260 shipped for everything needed. I noticed a huge difference after installing them, the size or the stock rear swaybar doesn't even compare to size of the Suspension Techniques one I have on now. Oh and they come with polyurethane bushings.

tupac03602

yo thx fo tha website, it helps really well i appreciate it.

Lsnaple

Drift Machine: do you have a s13 or s14? so im guessing that your not real satisfied with your setup because you say you wish you had Full coilovers?is it not stiff enough/too stiff? im asking because im about to do suspension work and am asking around to see what fits my needs and wants.i want mine to be real stiff/tight.also, if its a fastback, can you send me some pics of how it looks.

Thanks.

Drift Machine

I have a red s13 fastback, I can post some pics up tomorrow. I mean I'm happy with my setup, good deal for the price. They just don't have the full adjustability that other setups have. But the KYB AGXs are 4 way adjustable in the front and 8 way in the rear, you can adjust the stiffness. I like that about them, that they can be really stiff. If you don't want to spend a lot of money get them. The only reason I wish I bought a full coilover setup is cuase I have started to really get into autocrossing(like tryin to go out every weekend instead of just once a month). But if you only go autocrossing everyonce and a while and just want a sportier ride, then I recommend getting the AGXs.

tupac03602

thx about the info on that. actually i dont go autocrossing at all, i live in nh and i live in a part that is really really hilly, and bumpy. i want a stiffer suspension 1) because to me the more i feel the road, the more i feel my car, the more comftorable i am with the car. and 2) i dont go fast over back roads (not dirt roads i dont take dirt roads, i mean tar "back roads") and backroads r where u find the most bumps so i wont hurt my suspension really there so im not worried about ruining them any time soon.

Lsnaple

thanks.i was already planning on the agx's if i went the spring/shock way. now im just going to decide on what springs. andybody have the Tein S.Tech?

oh yea, i received my clarion proaudio dxz725 today! i just have to wait until...tomorrow to install it.its at a repair shop getting new clutch master or slave and transmission fluid and oil change.

tupac03602

for springs for my car im gonna put in eibach pro kit springs. they r about 232.00 or so and i have been told that they r good springs. i have that deck in my car right now its awsome!!!!

Lsnaple

well i dunno if im going springs now cause 240_keyy has just told me how badass his coilovers are.

yea, i was reading in the manual and found out theres so much stuff it can do. i knew it could do alot, but not that much.

Top Speed Coupe
Car: Cars

DriftMachince: Sorry again what do u mean by full coilovers? the springs with the adjusters? Because I found Tein springs for 130$ not adjustable. I dunno if I should save for the coilovers and shocks? or if I get those springs and AGXs? Also do u know about Campber plates?

Drift Machine

http://www.tein.com/hadamp.html

When I mentioned coilover I was talking about setups such as the ones in the link above.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”