What did you replace your 350Zs Bose CD player with?

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
Joseph101956
Car: 2005 350Z touring

Seems that the Bose 6 disk tape player that came in the 350Z is riddled with problems, from cutting out at random to skipping when cold etc. so Id rather not replace mine with the same thing.

If you replaced your Bose head unit with something else, let me know what with. Pics of the new unit installed would be great but not required.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Joseph101956 wrote:Seems that the Bose 6 disk tape player that came in the 350Z is riddled with problems, from cutting out at random to skipping when cold etc.
Tell me about it. Still, if and when you decide to replace yours give me a heads up and I might end up buying it. I've got the factory nav unit and it and the Bose are kind of integrated.

Search some posts by Kuhan...he's got a pretty nice setup.

sluggoZ
Car: 2004.5 350Z SuperBlack/Black Touring Roadster

Joseph101956 wrote:Seems that the Bose 6 disk tape player that came in the 350Z is riddled with problems, from cutting out at random to skipping when cold etc. so Id rather not replace mine with the same thing.

If you replaced your Bose head unit with something else, let me know what with. Pics of the new unit installed would be great but not required.
About a year ago I was shopping around for the complete replacement kit. At that time I really liked the Pioneer 5.8" GPS AV Receiver w/DVD playback & built-in bluetooth model AVIC-F900Bt it was priced at $664.94 shipped. From: http://www.newegg.comA buddy of mine has this & he installed it himself & loves it....he's also a high tech guy. His user name is carbonz over at my350z.comYou would need a dash surround kit as a front plate so it all blends in nicely...I forgot where you can buy this from. Anyways, I decided to save my money for a BBK which is still taking me some time for all the cash needed.

drebin893
Car: 2004 Nissan 350Z

Joseph101956 wrote:Seems that the Bose 6 disk tape player that came in the 350Z is riddled with problems, from cutting out at random to skipping when cold etc. so Id rather not replace mine with the same thing.
Same problem here on the headunit. Are you also getting the other problem where the subwoofer cuts in and out?

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”