What did you do to your Rogue today/this week/lately?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Rogueman4
Car: 2017 Rogue 2.0 L

this will be fun and full of good info!
I just bought a 2018 Rogue and replaced the engine oil with this plus a nice filter:
https://www.searchforparts.com/oil-chan ... .5l-qr25de

the previous owner could not tell me when and where he changed the oil, no invoices on service so I was uneasy about the fluids in the vehicle so I might change the transmission fluid as well.

ok your turn!

Roguerayd
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue

I put a REAL subwoofer in my 13' with Bose/Navi. Finally some real bass! What were they thinking with a 5.25" "subwoofer" mounted in a plastic enclosure, secured to the spare wheel with the hold down mechanism??? Some things just boggle my mind. I cauld have given my 5 year old the task of designing a subwoofer for this car and he would have come up with something better than that!

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

AT205 my front cv boots.

Cleaned mass air flow center twice because I caused a code by forgetting to attach a hose I never knew about.

Did a really, really, most basic cleaning for the first time on my throttle body. I didn't remove because too lazy to do that. Literally, just sprayed it with cleaner and use paintbrush and toothbrush to only clean 1 side, because I could not open flap because stepping on gas pedal didnt open it.

Seriously, I didn't have to clean throttle body after 12 years because I had no codes or problems, so you know I was upset when a P0171 came on because of the unattached tube.

Decided to wash my dusty air intake because of the code also.

I actually cover the intake with some leftover carbon filter to act as a prefilter. Because I had some lying around for the heck of it.

Vacuumed my engine air filter. Not very dirty so first time I did that.
Vacuumed cabin air filter and inside compartment, again hardly dirty.
Both are over a year old.

Stp fuel cleaner into the tank.

Check air in tires.

Covered the smaller radiator hose with electrical tape because the old gorilla tape I used to reinforce it was dripping white stuff occassionally.

Vacuumed carpet & washed mats.

Topped my washer fluid, in addition to rain-x additive.

All this lately.

Itching to do oil change but it's less than 3k miles. I don't do long oci anymore because of high iron showing with my severe service schedule.

Want to also do transmission drain too, but barely 11k since my last drain.
:bigthumb:

casperfun

Forgot to mention battery maintainer. :bigthumb:

D1dad
Car: 2021 Nissan Altima SR
2018 Nissan Rogue Midnight
2009 Nissan Altima SL

Window tint, painted calipers, new Wagner painted rotors and raybestos eht brakes. 2 coats of hybrid black ceramic coat. Then drove it to Chicago yesterday and screwed up the beauty of it. I also replaced the midnight edition floor mats with Nissan rubber mats. I’ve swapped out the diff and transfer fluid to amsoil and changed the oil over to Mobil 1 annual protection 5w30 for summer with a fram ultra filter. Lots of summer trips planned in this thing. At 42k I’ve changed the tranny fluid and brake fluid twice. Got 30.3 mpg doing 80 from Ohio to illinois. Also dumped the awful hankooks at 40k for a set of Michelin primacy. Looks much more sleek and handles better while causing an ever so slight rougher ride, just barelynoticable. but mpg went up a tad. At least I got rid of the body roll on any curve I went around and braking is much more crisp. Fwiw Nissan rear brake pads suck. Completely shot at 40k while the fronts were 50%.now to figure out what to do with the roof rack that has popping paint on the underside of the caps, any ideas are helpful?

casperfun

I never had a problem with my roof rack chipping or anything, but I use black plasti-dip on it. It looks oem. I like the look so much, that I will never remove the plastic dip. I even touched up with spray on truck bed-liner too. You can use body filler for the chips before spraying if your ocd.

You should try these spring buffers to improve your ride a little more. Personally, my cornering is 10x better and less bumpy. Their way more durable then the one's you find at the local auto store that usually disintegrates or breaks apart.

I used the biggest on the front A+ and B+ in the rear. You can even pick the stiffness to give a softer or stiffer ride.

I chose red first, then black for stiffer ride plus it's less noticable. They didn't offer the green & blue versions back then. I got the blue version in the rear later on :dblthumb:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/RubberSho ... f_=ast_bln

jethbon
Car: 2014 Nissan Pathfinder

I just ordered Michelin tires from 4wheelonline. Also, I replaced the battery and installed new tail light bulbs.

joshua70448
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SV
2018 Nissan Rogue Sport SV w/Tech Pkg
2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 S HB

I installed front and rear dash cams, replaced the rearview mirror with a mirror with garage door openers, installed LED lights on the interior and license plate lights, and replaced the floor mats with Weathertech mats

Return to “Rogue Forum”