What compactflash brand are you using?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
inteller
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

I'm having terrible luck finding a reliable compact flash card. I've been through one A-data and two Transcend already. I can't even get the card to the car. The cards die when syncing a lot of music to them using Windows Media Player.

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

inteller wrote:I'm having terrible luck finding a reliable compact flash card. I've been through one A-data and two Transcend already. I can't even get the card to the car. The cards die when syncing a lot of music to them using Windows Media Player.
I have a 2gb Sandisk in my '08 Armada, and a 2gb Sandisk Ultra 2 in my '09 Murano. Those both work awesome, I had gotten one off of ebay, and that was a complete piece of horse crap! I believe Circuit City has the best price on the Sandisk Ultra 2 at $24.99.

inteller

I was just using bad cards. I went out and got a sony...it works fine.

So don't use Transcend and A-data cards....they are junk.

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

inteller wrote:I was just using bad cards. I went out and got a sony...it works fine.

So don't use Transcend and A-data cards....they are junk.
FWIW, I'm using A-Data myself, precisely because I didn't think I needed anything high-end, and it's been working flawlessly since day 1. Oh well, I suppose here's another place where "your mileage may vary".

inteller

well, if you want to trash it, just try to sync a whole bunch of music to it using Windows Media Player.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”