What color rims on white coupe? GOLD/BRONZE?

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
altima777
Car: Altima Coupe 3.5SE

Hey guys, i'm relatively new to the forum. I'm wondering if i could get some of your guys' opinion on gold or bronze rims on a satin WHITE altima coupe. I'm sort of playing around with the idea. I just picked up some 19" nismo 10 spoke wheels (maxima nismo wheels, 4030s-RNA4010) in silver color. I'm thinking about powder coating them gold or darker gold (bronze). I sorta don't wanna do gunmetal because it seems that everyone around my area is doing gunmetal.

Any feedback would help! Oh, and if there are any photoshop masters out there...photoshop me a pic if possible.

Thanks guys!

saywat

gold........

jaxcoupe
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5S CVT

yup bronze on white is hot. i've got wheels sitting in my garage waiting for me to get around to painting them bronze (I have a white coupe as well). I'll definitely have it done and installed sometime in april though. woop

Miss_Lanaya
Car: 08 Altima Coupe White 2.5s prem, cvt, blk leather

white coupes are sexy, I think either color will look good but if I had to choose only 1.....bronze, its a tough call but I remember seeing bronze with teal lug nuts on a white coupe and it looked sharp.

altima777

I actually was leaning towards bronze myself. I actually photoshopped some pics (pardon my poor photoshop skills, and yes i kno the bronze color is too reddish/copper). I think it give a better idea of how the two colors look. Now i'm sorta leaning towards gold after these pics. It would seem to me that the bronze makes you focus on the wheels more than the car. I duno...feedback pls? (pics posted below...i hope, sorta new to posting pics)

Loop
Car: only nissan cars

If your going to get them powdercoated(Which I recommend over painting). I would take extra note that they are forged wheels. So do some research.

Oh and I prefer bronze, but that's just my opinion.

altima777

I did some research...and it would appear that it would not harm the wheels? Although some forums have a mix of ppl that agree and disagree with regards to powdercoating wheels. It would appear that so long as the wheels aren't flashbaked at 1500F, and cure at 350F-400F, then they should be fine? i know there was a couple other posts on the forum, but can anyone shed any more light on the topic? Since we're on the topic...would chemical stripping instead of sandblasting be the preferred strip method? Or would sandblasting with the correct media be fine and not cause any pitting?

canes4life
Car: Altima coupe

Why not White, I think it's a very overlooked color combo. Like MINE.... [IMG][/IMG]

altima777

the white actualy looks pretty good....but it looks good coz you have a polished lip. the lip on my rim isnt big enuff to look sexy...and an all white rim for the nismo 19s, not sure if it would like as sexy.

canes4life
Car: Altima coupe

I see your point Well I was originally looking into the bronze/gold option as well. If I had to choose between the two I would go with a bronze. If you want to be different go Gold, because I have seen mostly bronze rims on these forums...

Cali 2 Balti G
Car: Desert Platinum G35 Coupe
Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Toyota Sequoia

imo - white doesnt look good unless it is the exact color match.

Hussain
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5se CVT

i say chrome or polished aluminum or something like that..... something like this

or this

Jxslepton
Car: 2012 Altima Coupe 2.5

canes4life wrote:Why not White, I think it's a very overlooked color combo. Like MINE....

What's your wheel/suspension set up?

Return to “Altima General Discussions”