What can an apartment dweller do?

The web's first forum dedicated to Nissan's groundbreaking electric car, the Nissan Leaf.
The_Electric_Mark
Car: 2002 Toyota Prius

I've completely fallen for the Leaf, but I'm an apartment dweller. I've yet to ask my landlord if he'd let me pick up the tab for having a charger installed at my parking space, but from what little I've heard, it can be a complex process at best.

Has anyone else had experience with this situation? I tried searching this forum but didn't come up with anything.

The_Electric_Mark

infiniti_lineup wrote:In any event, I'm positive that your landlord will not cover the costs that is needed to install a charging dock. It isn't a maintenance cost or shared resource among the other apartment lessees.

The problem that you're going to face is not whether he will cover the costs - he won't - it's whether he will allow it to be placed on the common property. If he doesn't want to have a charging dock on his property then he can simply deny your right to have it installed.

Good luck!
I follow what your saying, but it seems to me there's a technicality here. The parking space in question is specifically assigned to the unit I live in. So would the parking space still be considered common property?

The_Electric_Mark

It sounds like you're in the know on this. Drat... I guess the only thing I can do is to ask my landlord.

The_Electric_Mark

infiniti_lineup wrote:
The_Electric_Mark wrote:It sounds like you're in the know on this. Drat... I guess the only thing I can do is to ask my landlord.
Ask and if they say no, bribe them with a few rides in the Leaf. I'm sure they'll accept then! :gapteeth:
Gee, that sounds like a catch-22... I can only give rides if I can charge the car. lol :biggrin:

Return to “Leaf Forum”