What Broadfield Has Been Up To......

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
scotty-2-forty
Car: 1996 Nissan 240SX SE KA24DET

Broadfield wrote:You do realize I'm almost 37 years old!?! Us old guys tend to go with things a little more subtle ;)
:chuckle: :laugh: :lolling: :rotflmao :bowrofl: ......................... :squint:

angelscrx
Car: 1992 240sx

Broadfield wrote:
Kalypso wrote:submit to vertex broadfield.... its only a matter of time LOLOL
You do realize I'm almost 37 years old!?! Us old guys tend to go with things a little more subtle ;)
If you consider yourself an old guy then I must be Ancient LOL 42 over here and still loving the import scene.

420sxWETDREAMS
Car: 1991 240sx Hatchback

Broadfield wrote:
Kalypso wrote:submit to vertex broadfield.... its only a matter of time LOLOL
I really hope you are joking? You do realize I'm almost 37 years old!?! Us old guys tend to go with things a little more subtle ;)
+1

Kalypso

no but seriously... the aero bumper is gonna be dope.

Razi
Car: Moo

Yep!

Broadfield

angelscrx wrote:
If you consider yourself an old guy then I must be Ancient LOL 42 over here and still loving the import scene.
I love the import scene, I just don't love most of the aero for the S13's.

S13Teddy
Car: R32 Skyline, S13

Boooo!!! V8 Sucks!

Broadfield

S13Teddy wrote:Boooo!!! V8 Sucks!
Suck it! :biggrin:

S13Teddy

I will after you change your plans to a 2J you're not downz0rz!!!!111!1!1!!!!!1 :P

Cbus240
Car: 89' 240sx SR20DET

Oh Toby, how I loathe you!!! haha your car will always be the inspiration for the meticulousness of my build, congrats on making it into Modified btw! I do say, I am def. going to follow suit and copy your idea for the fender liners, still retains the OE look and function, I dig it. Oh yeah, is that DEI reflect-a-gold on your PS resevoir? Couldn't get a good look from the pic I saw, but it sure looked like it. If it is, what are your thoughts on it? I was thinking about using it to cover the outside of the circuit sports MC heat shield I just bought...

Kalypso

edit>> lol

Broadfield

S13Teddy wrote:I will after you change your plans to a 2J you're not downz0rz!!!!111!1!1!!!!!1 :P
So inline 6's are ok? Noted

Oh, and what does "downz0rz!!!!111!1!1!!!!!1" mean? You have to remember, the internet didn't even exist when I started college... so I'm not up on the latest webz0rz language.
Cbus240 wrote:Oh yeah, is that DEI reflect-a-gold on your PS resevoir? Couldn't get a good look from the pic I saw, but it sure looked like it. If it is, what are your thoughts on it?
Yes, it is the DEI stuff... bought from Summit. I don't have any quantitative data on it's performance. I just used it as a preventative measure on the PS reservoir and master cylinder reservoir. I previously used some silver material similar to what is on my hood, only thinner. However, it did not stick for more than a few months. The gold stuff from DEI sticks wonderful.
Last edited by Broadfield on Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S13Teddy

Inline 6 totally ok!

Don't worry about the downz0rz thing, it's something you're not! :P

Broadfield

S13Teddy wrote:Inline 6 totally ok!

Don't worry about the downz0rz thing, it's something you're not! :P
Ok, so downz0rrz means gay... got it!

Razi
Car: Moo

:rotfl

S13Teddy

hahahaha well played.

Broadfield

S13Teddy wrote:hahahaha well played.
:biggrin:

Cbus240
Car: 89' 240sx SR20DET

Broadfield wrote: Yes, it is the DEI stuff... bought from Summit. I don't have any quantitative data on it's performance. I just used it as a preventative measure on the PS reservoir and master cylinder reservoir. I previously used some silver material similar to what is on my hood, only thinner. However, it did not stick for more than a few months. The gold stuff from DEI sticks wonderful.
yeah Summit is where I saw it at also. whether or not it adheres well to stuff and stays on after being exposed to a couple heat cycles under the engine bay is actually one of the things I was wondering about, so that's good to know! I think I will give it a try, if anything at least it will look cool haha

homeslicej2
Car: 1990 S13 SR'd hatch

Check out this "test" of the DEI reflect-a-gold tape on theoctanereport:

http://octanereport.com/tech/2010/09/13 ... -tape.html

Seems as though the stuff works pretty dang well.

Kalypso

I've been looking for this pic... for about 2 weeks.
just so I could show you ^_____^

jeff13
Car: S13 blacktop in a 89 coupe

Congratulations on being on the cover of Modified to start of the new year.

Do what inspires you man, its worked out for you so far . . . do the V8 swap

Just curious why not a RB2x swap? too many of those running around or just not want to deal with the hassle of parts?

feoo
Car: '89 240sx Coupe

If you dont mind me asking, where can I get my hands on some neo chrome allen screws like yours? ..........Those are so sexy :naughty:

Broadfield

jeff13 wrote:
Just curious why not a RB2x swap? too many of those running around or just not want to deal with the hassle of parts?
I originally planned on doing a RB26 swap, but then decided the LS3 is just going to be a better route. More displacement(6.2L)... by far. Just as cheap, if not cheaper than an RB swap. Because lets face it, I wouldn't just run a stock RB and stock twin turbos. So that crap gets out of hand REAL quick... a Full Race mani is $2300 alone :eek: I will have a much, much cleaner engine bay with a NA motor... no piping, breather box, turbo, lines every where etc. Then you have the parts for it, small block V8 parts are everywhere! And lastly you have that V8 exhaust note. I will run a very gnarly sounding exhaust setup... I'm notorious for it on all of the cars I have owned.

feoo wrote:If you dont mind me asking, where can I get my hands on some neo chrome allen screws like yours? ..........Those are so sexy :naughty:
This is who makes them, but I bought them from a vendor over on Zilvia... I honestly can't remember who it was.

http://www.ballerbolts.com/titanium-ste ... olts1.html

Broadfield

Time to get down to it. I still had the complete motor setup in the car as I wanted to give any potential buyer the opportunity to come see/listen to the motor and take it out for a spin given decent weather conditions. I'm tired of waiting for someone to buy this as a complete set, so I'm officially paring it out. I figured I'd better get the car in the spot it's going to sit in for the next few months before I tear it down. That spot would be in the garage at my house. Although my shop would be easier, warmer and all of my tools are there, I chose to do this at my house for several reasons. Since I work a minimum of 6 days a week, it's hard to get the energy to stay there after work and then work on my on vehicle... that's just spending too much time in one place. I would also be neglecting my family. My wife and I had our second daughter 4 months ago. So by doing this at my house, I am readily available if I'm needed. I can also simply walk out to the garage at midnight and tear into it.

So the first order was cleaning the space. If you are a family man, you probably know what it's like to have kids and all of the items that go along with having them. I had Power Wheels, bicycles, strollers etc. taking up valuable real-estate out in my garage. So I spent an hour or so yesterday getting that all moved to the basement. I need ample room for getting the motor out with the cherry picker, room for the new motor set, random parts, room for body panels and so on. And since I only have a 2-car garage, this meant that my wife's car has to stay out all winter in the driveway along with my TL that sits out anyway. So I promised her I would toss on a Viper remote start system to help ease the pain. Winters get down as low as -15 degrees here and we have the possibility of 20" of snow tomorrow night. So she is not happy about this whole thing to say the least. But she knows who she married and understands my obsession with building cars.:D This is where it's going to sit for awhile:

Unfortunately it was only about 25 degrees yesterday, but with the door shut, it was surprisingly comfortable without heat in there. I only had a couple hours to tinker with it, but got most of the AN lines removed, intercooler piping, intake, started to pull the engine harness etc... some of the stuff ready to be sold:

Of course my 4 year old loves to help where she can. She knows rule # 1 is: Don't F up my car:

My boy Kyle came over to help me pop the hood off... didn't quite trust my wife or my little helper:

240sxjoe92
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx hatch

I can't wait to see what the outcome is going to be..I know its going to look even better when your done with it. Make sure to keep us updated. What motor are you doing?

EnjoiNismo
Car: 93 240sx

Late congratz on your second daughter, and such a nice wife to understand!
Good luck on the new build. Can't wait to see!

SX APPEAL
Car: 06 G35 Coupe 6MT
95 Maxima SE 5MT

Can't wait for more updates! And look out for the snow, they're saying 6-10" down here and its all headed your way. For the record, snow days are no fun at all when your daily is a lowered S13, cabin fever setting it...

homeslicej2
Car: 1990 S13 SR'd hatch

I'd love a garage. Carport is better than nothing, but still sucks. looking forward to this build Toby.

Broadfield

240sxjoe92 wrote:What motor are you doing?
LS3
SX APPEAL wrote:Can't wait for more updates! And look out for the snow, they're saying 6-10" down here and its all headed your way. For the record, snow days are no fun at all when your daily is a lowered S13, cabin fever setting it...
Yeah, we ended up getting right around 19".

scotty-2-forty
Car: 1996 Nissan 240SX SE KA24DET

Hey Broadfield, what parts you still got that I might be interested in? PM me??

Return to “240sx General Discussion”